SupergirlsK: Supergirls aren’t made, they are educatedWhat does the title SupergirlsK suggest to you? Does it ring any bells on girls changing the world? Or does it suggest an exclusive girl club with secret powers? Or a pro-girl education campaign?
If your guess was any of the above, you are not far off. SupergirlsK is an all new initiative by Gurucool aiming to provide free competitive coaching courses to 1k girls annually. The program will be available to girl students from across India on the Padhaai’s digital platform. With appealing features like all girl faculty- GirlGurus, free live classes, provision of learning resources, personalised schedules, counselling services (for parents and students both), academic and career guidance and a safe, empathetic learning environment, this initiative is a highly promising one.
SupergirlsK is planned and strategised to cater and focus on the competitive coaching of girls. We aim to provide every girl signed with us an equal and fair opportunity to back India’s top educational institutes for courses they seem fit. We aim to eliminate the socio-economic divide of coaching institutes monetising their educational resources for students. We aim to become frontrunners in providing quality coaching courses and additional resources specific to competitive exams. The deteriorating condition of girls in India in aspects of education, health accessibility, political representation and economic participation is a major driving factor behind the goal of this campaign.
Who can be a part of SupergirlsK?
- Highschool Dropouts: girls looking to get back to their academic/career pursuits
- Girls facing financial constraints to pay off the formal coaching costs
- Girls belonging to orthodox/conservative families
- Girls multi managing domestic responsibilities and studies
What have we done so far?
The SupergirlsK Team recently visited the SKV Jogabai School and conducted a session with the Senior Secondary students explaining about the initiative and gained 200+ registrations.
Why do we require funding?
- Content Development (Courses/Test Series/Study Material/Articles): Currently, we have 5 people working tirelessly to develop and curate schedules and content for the venture. We intend to bring in more women educators and professionals to create and contribute to our vision.
- Collaborations (Travelling/Workshops): In an effort to provide the best coaching opportunity, Gurucool Foundation looks forward to collaborating with distinct educators and organisations for special seminars and workshops. We intend to offer our learners connectivity with mentors and industry experts.
- Classrooms: To ensure the effectiveness of in-person coaching, SupergirlsK will be hosted at Gurucool centres, classrooms of which are to be digitalised and improved to enable personalised learning.
- Marketing & Promotion (Digital Marketing/Events & Seminars/Masterclass): Every week we are organising free webinars and live sessions with industry-experts, professionals and aspiring leaders to foster education, innovation and collaboration among students. In the next 3 months, We intend to organise 50+ events, workshops and seminars on different topics, in different government schools catering to senior secondary education of girls and with different educators.
- Operations, Debt & Miscellaneous: We have a rented workspace for our 15+ strong team. It costs us 32000/- per month (with electricity). Our team leaders have been working selflessly on this venture and we have accumulated cost restraints. Funds will be designated to cover the same.
How do we stand out?
Undeniably, education has now become a basic necessity much like food and clothing. And history bears witness to civilizations adopting new educational techniques to cater to different social requirements. However, girl education has been an issue of prime importance throughout. With the pandemic, the pace of girl education was undone to staggering levels, we as a society back stepped on any improvement we made on girl education.
And even post-pandemic, with recession and inflation being predominant, girl education is held back. The SupergirlsK venture is not just another project on our agenda, rather an idea and a process we are passionate about. We want to reach out to as many girl beneficiaries as possible and cater our resources to them, so that one day they become supergirls.