SupergirlsK: Supergirls aren’t made, they are educatedWhat does the title SupergirlsK suggest to you? Does it ring any bells on girls changing the world? Or does it suggest an exclusive girl club with secret powers? Or a pro-girl education campaign?
If your guess was any of the above, you are not far off.
After the successful completion of our first batch of SupergirlsK with 300+ registrations, we were able to make a batch of 25+ students through a general test which was conducted offline. The classes took place on hybrid mode i.e. offline classes at Gurucool educentre & online via Google Meet. The batch was planned and strategised to cater and focus on the competitive coaching of girls.
For reaching our goal of 1K girls Gurucool Vision foundation will be initiating it's 2nd Batch of SuperGirlsK. The new batch of SupergirlsK, which intends to provide Free Spoken English classes to females across India aged 15 to 30. This course is extremely promising, with enticing elements such as all-girl faculty- GirlGurus, availability of learning resources, customized timetables, counseling services (for both parents and students), academic and career counseling, and a safe, empathic learning atmosphere.
Why Free Spoken English Classes
English is the most widely spoken language on the planet. One in every five people can speak or understand English! Science, aviation, computing, diplomacy, and tourism all use English as their primary language. Spoken English Courses are pursued by candidates from all levels to improve their communication skills, and grammar and to learn about effective communication in the English language, which is regarded as the most important part of success in all sorts of employment.
Spoken English Courses are specialized English courses that focus on enhancing an individual's fluency and confidence when listening, reading, writing, and interacting in English.
● Spoken English classes cover topics such as active vocabulary and grammatical growth, intonation, and pronunciation.
● Because of globalization and urbanization, technology, particularly the Internet, has taken control of people's life. Everything is delivered in English, from lectures to client
presentations, and hence there is an increasing demand for mastering English speaking.
● After completing such courses, students are well positioned at advertising agencies,
publishing companies, and training institutions as editors, Language Specialists, Spoken English Trainers, Content Developers, and so on
Implementation of Classes
The course will be offered in a hybrid format, with offline sessions conducted at Gurucool's educenter and online classes held via the Padhaai app. The program's duration would be for two months. Upon completion, each applicant will be given a certificate of merit depending on their performance.
Who can be a part of SupergirlsK?
- Highschool Dropouts: girls looking to get back to their academic/career pursuits
- Girls facing financial constraints to pay off the formal coaching costs
- Girls belonging to restrictive families
- Girls multi managing domestic responsibilities and studies.
What have we done so far?
Successfully provided free competitive coaching to 25+ girls for the time period of 3 months.
Why do we require funding?
- Content Development (Courses/Test Series/Study Material/Articles): Currently, we have 5 people working tirelessly to develop and curate schedules and content for the venture. We intend to bring in more women educators and professionals to create and contribute to our vision.
- Collaborations (Travelling/Workshops): In an effort to provide the best coaching opportunity, Gurucool Vision Foundation looks forward to collaborating with distinct educators and organisations for special seminars and workshops. We intend to offer our learners connectivity with mentors and industry experts.
- Classrooms: To ensure the effectiveness of in-person coaching, SupergirlsK will be hosted at Gurucool centres, classrooms of which are to be digitalised and improved to enable personalised learning.
- Marketing & Promotion (Digital Marketing/Events & Seminars/Masterclass): Every week we are organising free webinars and live sessions with industry-experts, professionals and aspiring leaders to foster education, innovation and collaboration among students. In the next 3 months, We intend to organise 50+ events, workshops and seminars on different topics, in different government schools catering to senior secondary education of girls and with different educators.
- Operations, Debt & Miscellaneous: We have a rented workspace for our 15+ strong team. It costs us 32000/- per month (with electricity). Our team leaders have been working selflessly on this venture and we have accumulated cost restraints. Funds will be designated to cover the same.
How do we stand out?
Undeniably, education has now become a basic necessity much like food and clothing. And history bears witness to civilizations adopting new educational techniques to cater to different social requirements. However, girl education has been an issue of prime importance throughout. With the pandemic, the pace of girl education was undone to staggering levels, we as a society back stepped on any improvement we made on girl education.
And even post-pandemic, with recession and inflation being predominant, girl education is held back. The SupergirlsK venture is not just another project on our agenda, rather an idea and a process we are passionate about. We want to reach out to as many girl beneficiaries as possible and cater our resources to them, so that one day they become supergirls.