We took her to NRS around 23:50 hours on 27th January 2021 and was taken care by the Emergency Department. Since, it was midnight – there were no specialized doctors on duty. The Emergency Department suggested us to take her back home and to book an appointment on Saturday(31-Jan-21) with a Neurosurgeon. We did the same and came back home on 28th Jan early morning around 03:00 hours.
Received the MRI report and submitted to Dr. Dutta. As soon as he looked on the reports he was serious and started checking all the MRI & CT Scan's plates, he confirmed that it should be High Grade Cancer, with two Brain Tumors. Certainly he suggested for a O.T, but curable chances were less than 1%. I being the eldest and only son and also the only earning member of my family took the decision to admit her and also confirmed for the O.T. Due to COVID situation none of the patients were directly admitted to any of the specific departments without COVID Test, hence she was kept in the General Ward(FEMALE). The doctors and nurses started their treatments and tests by Saturday Midnight.
By Sunday(07-Feb-21) noon the result of COVID Test came and it was NEGATIVE. Hence, she was shifted to the Neurology Department under Dr. Dutta.
It took near about 2 weeks to complete all the scans and tests at NRSMC&H. After signing the petition the OPERATION took place on 24th of Feb’21. By the evening she was shifted to ICU and Dr. Dutta informed us that she’s fine, but next 72 hours will be crucial.
We hoped for the best – and gave the plates to the Diagnostics centre for the BIOPSY.
Since we fall under middle class status – so we don’t have that much funds or supports to visit a Private Hospital. I was working at Bangalore, Karnataka, but due to COVID-19 or rather I’d say because of LOCKDOWN in India I lost my job and returned back to my home town (Kolkata). I was the only earning member of our family, hence I started fetching out jobs at Kolkata again.
But, suddenly this accidents happened with my family.
Yes I’m going through a financial crisis since month of March, we’ve exhausted all of our savings, got all the possible helps from my friends, relatives and neighbors – but still it’s too less for us.
I request all of you to kindly donate something if you can, so that I can continue my mother's treatment.