With the current COVID environment of chaos and paranoia, educating our students is proving to be more difficult than anticipated. It’s been almost a year that the school is running without any funds as parents are not able to pay the fees. We haven’t been able to pay our staff for a year now. Due to social distancing norms and indefinite closure of schools, virtual learning is the need of the hour. We therefore need to expose them to various types of online books, software and other means needed for everyday virtual classroom lessons.
These kids also belong to households where the only earning member of the family is a daily wage worker. The lockdown has caused difficulty in even managing basic ration for the majority of these families. They are also struggling with paying school fees and are contemplating pulling their kids out of school.
We do not want our students to compromise on their education.
We need your help to raise the funds required to ensure that every student in our classroom stays in school, and has access to a quality education, even under these circumstances.
How will the funds be used?
- Covid Relief Ration Packets and Medical emergencies: Mumbai is the worst hit by the virus. And in these difficult times, a lot of the families are struggling to access basic ration. The situation is even more severe when they face medical emergencies with absolutely zero income. We want to be able to help them on these fronts with the amount we manage to raise.
- Online learning resources- We would like to give our kids access to online books and platforms that would help accelerate their learning.
- School fees- The money we raise will also go towards helping families who cannot afford the school fees for the next six months and/or have backlog in fees from the previous year
- Smartphones- Some of our students do not have access to smartphones, leaving them far behind their peers. We would also like to purchase smartphones so that they can attend zoom classes and use WhatsApp.
- Donate money on the link provided. No amount is less.
- Share this post with others and spread the word.
Your contribution will go a long way in helping our kids explore the world around them and achieve our goals for the year.