Concept: India is a developing country. In today's social relations, Youngsters who are experiencing problems in technology, money, greed, and self-esteem think elders are supposed to be organizers, wastes, and night living organisms.
Their desires, needs, and basic necessities and feelings are not valued and sent to old age homes. Elders are a wealth of information and the family’s property and encyclopedia. His life is full of years. Adding life to their years is the challenge to humanity being done by the center “Vriddhashrama”
Aim and Objectives:
* Detect and record senior citizens who have been deprived of infrastructure and providing it.
* Replacing the ‘Give and take’ attitude with ‘we are all a family’ concept.
* Spreading awareness about the importance of parent to people wanting parents property but not their culture.
* To encourage elders to be independent and free in everyday life.
* Strengthening, empowering, and making civilized citizens.
* Providing care and protection
*The elders who are above 60 years, neglected by their children and deprived of basic facilities
*Confirmation letter from a relative to the record holder, or presence of a person who is acquainted with the elder
*Identity Record and two passport portraits.
* Accommodation and quality food and medical diagnosis and treatment.
* Counseling, Legal Assistance.
* Entertainment, Discourse From Religious Thinkers.
On many occasions, they are forced to walk away from home and live on the streets. Thus, for the solution to the problems that senior citizens face. Shri Maithri organization built the old age home in Koppal district known as Karnataka. In 1992, the old age home was opened in a well-built building in a village. By 2017, Center cares for 160 residents, taking care of the elderly.
Senior Citizens who are deprived of children, grandchildren, relatives love, affection, humility, and mercy are always treated lovingly and with care by honest and well-natured staff.
If the caretakers and relatives of elders who die at the old age home refuse to take their body for burial, the staff will perform the last rites as per their religious customs.