For My Second Son
My family waited impatiently for one really special day in our lives like many of you did, or maybe you will in the future, and that was a day when our child was expected to be born.
Unfortunately, our joy and happiness turned into sorrow, anger, and pain quickly after our boy was born...
20th of Aug 2020 our Ayaan was born, with serious brain damage, as a consequence of oxygen deprivation, or anoxia.
Just to make everything worse there is a fact that with a more careful scan, and with more attention from the team of our doctors, that could be avoided.
Ayaan's mother had a high-risk pregnancy since day one, as she had E. Coli infection, as well as previous miscarriage.
Because of all the circumstances, we decided that we will do most of our scans and checkups in a private clinic.
Everything was going smooth until the 8th month of pregnancy when they told us in the private clinic that the labor must be inducted urgently, because of the oxygen deprivation and irregular heartbeat.
Upon arrival to a public hospital, After some weeks, coming in for a CTG control, irregular and low number of heartbeats was noticed again, and she was sent for an urgent C-section labor.
Again, after initial feedback that everything is fine, later that day we were informed that Ayaan has to be sent urgently to see a specialist in a hospital.
We were completely lost and confused, it felt like a nightmare.
Upon coming to a specialist hospital, we started taking the news about Ayaan like we are being stabbed with a knife – serious brain damage, damaged center of motion, eyesight, cerebral palsy, etc.
We were in complete disbelief, desperately looking for some kind of good news, but unfortunately, ultrasound brain scan and MRI of the brain just confirmed the worst.
Without hesitation or delay, we start by researching our possibilities and found the best team of experts for our little boy. Our hopes were dashed once again very fast after we found out the price of the treatment, which is well over 25lakhs.
The mention above a team of experts workplace, along with the best possible equipment to follow up the treatment of our little boy.
For My First Daughter
Our second daughter Hira Banu born in seemingly good health did phenomenally well and She hit all the standard milestones on time, with no indications of the tribulations that would soon follow. Sometime after she turned one, something seemed amiss as her growth started to level off and she soon began falling off the growth curve, at a frightening pace. While routine pediatric visits, categorized her as a child that failed to thrive, we feared there was more to her stalled growth and began the search for doctors, who would take our concerns seriously.
After a couple of months, she got some swelling and was admitted to the hospital. Post analyzing doctor said that she had some liver disease and need a transplant.
Hence we consulted a hospital in Chennai and got the cost of the operation as 25-30 lakhs and other expenses would cost around 5-10 lakhs. We are from a normal middle size family and we have sold all our things and managed to arrange some money by ourself.
The estimated cost for this operation is roughly 30-50 at Chennai, Operation cost is 30 lakh and another 15 lakh for post-surgery treatment.
Till date, we have already spent 10 lakh and hoping to be able to arrange another 60 lakh by collating the last penny we have in savings and selling all our assets. However, we still have 70 - 75 lakh of the shortfall.
Doctors confirmed that once this operation is successful, the patient will be able to come back to normal life. So, please please help us in whatever way possible to give my child's a new life.
This is a time-critical mission as we face the uphill task of raising money within a month, Some funds were already raised from our personal friends & relatives. While we are happy to share that this phase has been fully funded, we still have a long road ahead to reach our goal.
In less than few months, this disease has robbed Hira of the abilities that most other babies can do with ease - eat, talk, walk and play with little to no certainty that she can achieve/regain any of these skills again. While it is an everyday fight to keep her stable, the hope and promise of a cure are what keeps us going, even on the toughest days.
So as a family member of this little boy & girl, I would like to sincerely ask every mom, dad & friends who read this, every person that knows what does it mean to love someone, anyone unconditionally, to help us to save our little treasure. To give him a chance to live a life that every child deserves.
Thank you kindly for taking the time to read our story, and thank you for every little help.