The major aim of the NGO is to make children self reliant and thereby enabling them to lead a life of dignity by providing them with necessary education. Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. Education methods include storytelling, discussion, teaching and training. Education is very essential for children to be able to achieve high levels of economic growth. Hence, the NGO is sponsoring 50 students as of now with the help of some of the old volunteers and some new ones. They are happy to inform that out of 50 students, 8 students were admitted this year to senior classes, 3 students got their admission from class 9th to 10th that are Vineeta, Priya and Kiran, and 5 got their admission from class 8th to 9th. This is a proud achievement for NGO and that motivates it to work more for the underprivileged children and make them self reliant and sufficient.
STORY OF SHAGUN
Shalini Memorial Sewa Sansthan has enrolled 50 children in schools by sponsoring their fees with the help of volunteers. Shagun is one of the bright students sponsored by us. She is the daughter of a maid servant who works home to home for meagre income. Initially, Shagun was given admission in a government school, after one year she performed really well in studies , hence we admitted her in a private school GSM. Now, the hike in fees is difficult for our NGO to maintain that costs approximately Rs.15000 per annum. Therefore, we need funds through volunteers like you so that children like Shagun could be offered with higher education and become well off in the future.
The reason we want to raise funds is to sponsor fees of the children like Shagun and help them build their life in a better way than today. We aim to educate more and more children by equipping them with schooled background and enhance their intellectual awareness by learning, critical thinking and communication. This will help the children to thrive in life, personally and professionally. We will do this by providing a complementary curriculum within schools. From this learned environment, children will learn holistically.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
1. In the 21st century, uneducated people does not have any important role to thrive in the society. Hence, to impact technical skills, interpersonal and intra-personal skills and achieve excellence in professional and personal life educating children is a must.
2. The kids are not equipped to understand and handle/ stop disrespectful/ abusive /violent behavior. This stops them from dealing with the situation and the aftermath of it. Therefore, equipping them with this knowledge and introducing them to self reliance through education can be helpful for children.
3. There are innumerable benefits of getting children educated such as improving their quality of life and the people around them, enhancing their skills for the betterment of the society, and thereby growth of the nation as a whole.
HOW ARE WE DOING IT?
We aim to solve the problem by providing the students with good education by getting them admitted in exemplary schools. The curriculum will be rooted in deepening children's understanding of self and addressing the problems faced by their communities. This will also build greater sense of responsibility ensuring that the students do their bit towards giving back to their society while learning life skills.
- In year 1, we impacted 8 lives by getting them education in Modern Academy (Prayas) school.
- In year 2, we increased that number to 20.
- In the 3rd year, we admitted 29 children and worked for their welfare as weell.
- This year was the 4th year of our NGO and we raised the number of enrolled students to 50.
- Now, we are planning of getting education for 22 more children with your help and support.
Contribute to help children lead a better quality life. Contribute to build a better India.
Let’s do this together for the better future of these children.
Total fees for 22 students annually- 2,20,000/-
Total fees for 22 students monthly- 19,800/-
Total fees for 1 student annually- 10,000/-
Total fees for 1 student monthly- 900/-
Asha Dikshit (Director, Shalini Memorial Sewa Sansthan); Sakshi Srivastava (Management Head).