Most of the people testing covid positive are being permitted to be home isolated. But the infrastructure of the house and the sanitation and water facilities are not efficient as per the government home isolation protocol. Apart from this, most people in the tribal communities are daily earners and store food supplies for a week; without panchayat and government cooperation, they are left with no food to survive. All these conditions combined result in the whole family getting affected. This has resulted in massive number of covid positive cases in small tribal villages of Bastar.
Saathi is currently focusing on three fronts.
- Awareness Generation around covid and making the community aware about the severity of the situation. We are also explaining to the community about the primary prevention and home care protocol. We are conducting these activities with local panchayat and volunteers.
- We are focusing on getting mass testing in the villages with the help of the Health care institution of Kondagaon.
- Providing isolation center services to the patient to stop the widespread of covid in the village. Simultaneously also engaging with families who are home isolated to provide them with basic medical and food necessities.
Saathi has currently established two well-equipped isolation centres with the organization's resources. We are also supporting two panchayats (Kondagaon and Masora) isolation centres as they did not have the knowledge or resources to manage the vast number of covid cases.
Saathi has utilized the funds available in the organization and currently requires funds to manage isolation facilities.
Your fun will go into providing essentials to the covid affected families:
- Essential medical equipment like (Oximeter and Thermometer)
- Food supply for Isolation center and homes isolated families
- Hygiene kits (soap, detergent, sanitary pads, sanitizers, etc)
- Mask and Gloves