Due to the CoronaVirus crisis, people are at home and prefer doing chores themselves. The people most affected by it are those in India’s unorganized sector & slums i.e. daily wagers, housemaids, house helpers, cleaners, drivers, construction site workers, plumbers, electricians, guards, people collecting waste polythene/plastic from garbage, small vendors, etc., and their financial wellbeing will be directly impacted by their inability to earn their daily wage.
- Italy is ranked No.2 in the best healthcare facilities in the world, India is not even in top-100.
- If corona cases start in the daily wage workers, this disease will spread in India like fire and we may be affected more than the US, China or Italy.
(a) Cooked Food Packets: Earlier we were providing cooked food packets (6 pooris and dry veg) to roughly 150 needy people daily.
i. 5 Kg Wheat flour
ii. 2 Kg Basmati Rice (Medium Quality)
iii. 1 Kg Dal
iv. 1 Kg Sugar
vi. 500 ml edible Soyabean oil
vii. 1 Kg Potato
viii. 1 Kg Tomato
ix. 1 Kg Onion
Who will we help and how?
- Daily wage earners i.e. housemaids, house helpers, cleaners, drivers, construction site workers, plumbers, electricians, guards, people collecting waste polythene/plastic from garbage, small vendors, people living in slums, etc.
- Currently, the food is being provided in Bhopal as I was in Bhopal when lockdown happened in India. So I started this from Bhopal.
- We are in touch with Local administration and Local Police. They are helping us in the following ways:
- Misrod Police (Bhopal) is helping us to identify the real needy people i.e. BPL beneficiaries, needy daily wage earners and construction workers
- Local Bhopal Police have provided a vehicle pass for food distribution
- We are ensuring ‘Social Distancing’ guidelines while distributing the food
- Earlier, we are providing cooked food to roughly 150 daily wagers (one-time per day). Each food packet contains 6 pooris & dry vegetables.
- Now we are providing a Grocery Kit which should be sufficient to support a family of 4-5 people for roughly 1 week.
- In case we get more funds, we will increase the number of beneficiaries.
- 100% proceeds will be donated in procuring and distributing meal kits to the family of daily wage earners
1. Paytm: 8700985297
2. Google Pay: 8527481477
3. BHIM/UPI: 8527481477@upi
2. Patrika ePaper 11-Apr-2020 Page-5: http://epaper.patrika.com/2629713/Patrika-Bhopal/11-04-2020#page/5/1
3. Haribhoomi ePaper 04-Apr-2020 Bhopal Edition Page-3: https://www.haribhoomi.com/full-page-pdf/epaper/bhopal-bhopal-bhumi/2020-04-04/bhopal-bhoomi/20668?
#IndiaFightsCorona #CoronVirus #CoronaVirusFund #DailyWageWorkers
About Myself/Campaigner: Sandeep Kumar Shivhare, IIM Rohtak and VIT University Alumnus. Currently working in an MNC in Delhi. Earlier I have raised money to support the families of soldiers martyred in Pulwama (Feb 2019), we are able to raise INR 31.2 Lakh (with the support of my IIM friends) and donated the same to DIG IT CRPF in Delhi who heads the Bharat Ke Veer Funds - https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-sandeep-kumar-shivhare