Did you know that a rape is registered in India every 15 minutes? Nearly 50% of boys and girls each, face sexual abuse in their young lives, 90% of which are committed by people they know.
- Sexual health awareness is crucial – attitudes in India and the surrounding nations need to change.
- At Pratisandhi we’re pushing back – sex should not be a taboo subject
- We conduct workshops, drives, and awareness campaigns for students and the youth in order to give them the sexual health education they need and deserve.
At Pratisandhi, we’re all about breaking down barriers. Encouraging a more open, progressive mindset when it comes to the subject of sex. We firmly believe in bridging the social and educational gap that has been created by the absence of sexual health education.
We hope to provide a safe, open space where the youth can find the answers they need in order to empower them to make informed decisions concerning their sexual and reproductive health and well-being.
Our team is focused on ensuring that individuals feel safe, at home and comfortable enough to seek the answers they need, especially about subjects that come deeply entrenched in myths and taboos. With 60+ volunteers and members, we’re constantly seeking to improve, grow and create greater impact with our work.
Workshops and Awareness
We incorporate age-appropriate and culturally sensitive knowledge via a range of different workshops and events. Driving positivity and encouraging open, flowing conversation in order to create an environment that challenges stigmas head-on.
Below, you will find a range of different workshops we offer.
- Safe, Unsafe, and Unwanted Touch
- Navigating Puberty and Menstruation
- Consent, Communication and Boundaries
- Sexual Abuse and Response Channels
- Safer Sex
> Half of India’s 48.5 million pregnancies are unintended with adolescent girls between 14-18 years of age accounting for 14.4% of all pregnancies.
> Youngsters between 15-24 years account for 31 percent of India’s AIDS burden.
With your help, we can change this.
We turned to crowdfunding to increase our impact. Even a small donation can create a ripple effect that allows us to reach more individuals who require support and assistance.
- Development of a diverse range of workshop modules including but not limited to sexuality, self-esteem, and family planning through the assistance of professionals that are key stakeholders in the field.
- Conduct awareness campaigns and increasing access to resources specially in the rural sector. This includes curating and printing workshop resources such as worksheets and 3-D models along with projector facilities for visual aid even in rural areas.
- Enhancing the current training and materials for volunteers and facilitators in our team.
- Expanding the audience and reach of our mentorship programs and upcoming events
Read more about us:
The Better India
The Sunday Guardian:
We believe in a little give and take for our generous donors:
Pledge Rs 250 or more – ‘Thank You’
Pledge Rs 250 or more and you’ll be added to our dedicated crowdfunding mailing list. We’ll send you updates throughout our development journey and beyond.
Pledge Rs 500 or more – ‘Thank You + Raffle Ticket’
Pledge Rs 500 or more and you’ll be added to our dedicated crowdfunding mailing list. We’ll send you updates throughout our development journey and beyond. Additionally, you will be added into a lottery with other donors. Three lucky winners will receive special Pratisandhi merchandise!
Pledge Rs 1000 or more – ‘Attend a Workshop’
Pledge Rs 1000 or more and we will send you an invite to an upcoming workshop which you can attend to see our work firsthand, meet the beneficiaries of your donation, and offer your suggestions.
Pledge Rs 2500 or more – ‘Official Supporter’
Pledge Rs 2500 or more and become an official supporter of Pratisandhi. Not only will you be listed under a special recognition tab on our website, but you will receive special invites to join our focus groups and events!