We often equate doctors to the almighty, for they provide us with the second life. My father, being a Homoeopathic doctor (Reg. No. HD/1231/BHS) , has successfully cured many of his patients in the past through his dedicated practice of more than 35+ years.
The comprehensive cost of almost 120 days of hospitalization along with the home nursing expenses, medication and other equipment purchased at home, till date, has gone beyond ₹ 1 Crore. As he is still undergoing his treatment (with a couple of surgeries pending - see estimate below as of 25th July 2022) and will probably take at least six months to recover, hence the goal amount would continue to be estimated further. I had exhausted my medical claims from the office worth ₹ 4.00 Lakhs each in 2020 and 2021 and in 2023 (post his Tracheo-oesophageal fistula surgery) and almost other savings as well by Sep 2020 which is when my brother (Anmol Bhogal) started our first fundraiser on Ketto (which helped us with over 30 lakhs of funds to take care of his hospitalization expenses and our daily set of expenses at home for his nursing). I, the sole earning member of our family, am already under a burden of personal loan taken (from ICICI bank - currently ₹ 12 lakhs pending) in 2020 for his treatment so it won’t be possible to borrow again from the bank and neither can I afford one considering my fixed monthly salary (which is half of our current monthly expense of ₹ 1.3 lakhs). Loan EMIs, nursing care charges at home, medication and other health supplements cost already clock more than ₹ 1.3 lakhs/month. The amount is huge and is beyond my capacity to afford without an external help. Therefore, I request you to kindly contribute towards the treatment and help me give my father a new lease of life. Your every financial contribution is important and I would be extremely thankful for the same. Due to extreme fund crunch, my mother had also started a separate fundraising campaign on Ketto (now closed) to keep the family afloat as donations dried up post April 2022. The fundraising target (₹ 85 lakhs) has been split up across the 2 fundraisers as we have already spent close to ₹ 1 Crore till date (April 2023) with an approx surgery expenditure of around ₹ 8-9 lakhs still pending.
In case of any further clarification related to his medical ailment, treatment, and other associated costs, please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESTIMATED COST OF PENDING SURGERIES (letter as of 25 July 2022 and estimate as of 29 April 2023)We met my father's treating surgeon Dr Mohit Jain at BLK-Max Hospital on 25th July 2022 in order to get the latest surgery estimate - the same is appended below (for both single and double-sharing rooms) for a 10-day hospitalization. Also attached is the official letter signed by Dr Mohit Jain confirming the current status of my father's treatment as well the future course of surgeries.
KEY EVENTS (see 'Updates' section on the next tab for the latest update on his medical condition)May 2021
Thank you so much for your messages in the last few weeks checking about my father's and my health. My father is physically improving with a slight increase in body weight. His body tests are due but we are waiting for the situation outside to calm down a little...it's still very risky outside in Delhi and hospitals aren't yet empty.
Clinically, he still is similar to what he was in Sep 2020 with a colostomy bag attached to his stomach and a tracheostomy tube in his windpipe. Colostomy implant removal will require a surgery once his protein levels are better and situation outside is calmer. However, tracheostomy tube removal seems very tough at the moment as it has been there for more than 8 months now and he is dependent on it for his regular breathing. Weaning him off and asking him to breathe via his nose/mouth will take a lot of his own effort, patience and time! The nursing staff at home is taking good care of his tracheostomy tube and its daily upkeep, though. The tube was recently replaced at home by the nursing staff under clinically-controlled circumstances and with an oxygen concentrator on standby in case any breathing issues developed while the tube was being replaced.
I am doing fine...thankfully, the COVID symptoms are no longer there. There was a sinus scare recently but that was done away with by regular steam and rest.
Please do keep supporting us so that we plan and save for his current treatment and future surgeries. As of now, the monthly expenses are more than double my salary so we are really dependent upon your support and contribution via this Fundraiser.
I will keep my fingers crossed...
As Delhi passes through a catastrophic phase of COVID infections and deaths, we keep our fingers crossed. I am trying my best to keep my father away from any virus-related infections considering his current health and high susceptibility to cold-related infections.
A few weeks ago, even I developed COVID-like symptoms and isolated myself to my room. Due to the labs in our vicinity running full with tests and pending reports, they were not willing to come for home collection of samples so I couldn't get myself tested. Thanks to homoeopathic medicines, good diet and rest, I am much better now.
Please keep us and those who are struggling to get their dear ones some air or a bed in the hospital in your prayers as we fight through times never imagined before.
Kindly share and contribute to our fundraiser also so that we can keep up to the daily expenses surrounding my father's upkeep.
After about 15 days of my father's discharge from the hospital with tracheostomy tube re-inserted, we went for some routine tests - CBC, KFT and LFT - so that we can get an idea of where his general parameters stand at. His Total Protein levels have increased to 6.3 from 5.5 tested last at the hospital. Hemoglobin also increased from about 10 in the hospital to 12.4. He continues to be under critical nursing care because of his tracheostomy tube.
We look forward to your support, both morally and financially, as we Delhites enter a period of extreme uncertainty and grim circumstances. All treatment-related updates of my father are also posted on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/HelpADoctorInHisOwnTreatment
An unfortunate turnaround of events beginning last Sunday has brought my father's health to what was several months ago. As you know, his tracheostomy tube was removed earlier this month and he regained the ability to speak after 6 months. But around 18th March, he started having breathing issues and required minor external oxygen support. His condition worsened last Sunday as his saturation levels started dipping and he became unconscious. He was rushed to the hospital and was straightaway admitted to the ICU and put on ventilator support as he was diagnosed with CO2 Narcosis (excess CO2 in the blood).
Please share and donate to our Fundraiser and help us out of this never-ending cycle of suffering and increasing costs since July 2020. Follow all updates including the bills and discharge papers on the Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/HelpADoctorInHisOwnTreatment/.
We are thankful to your support thus far...