Tindivanam Town, Tindivanam Taluk, Villupuram District.
Rejuvenating the Rajangkulam, Gidangal Lake and its input channels (from College road to Gidangal eri, Vempoondi tank to Gidangal eri, Pattanam to Gidangal eri) and output channels with the guidance and support of Wakeourlake.org team, Sabari Green Foundation, ExNoRa and many other Water Conservation experts from TamilNadu.
Mission: Rejuvenate 998 Acres of Lake where present storage capacity is less than 25% which is being filled with drainage water and water hyacinths, input channels resembling like nonbiodegradable island.
Source/input of this Rain flood pond and lake originates from Tindivanam North Border (Chennai - Thiruvannamalai Byepass Road) near Govindasamy College and Tindivanam Anna University junction and passes through multiple ponds (Pillayar Kulam, Ayyanthoppu Periyakulam, AalangKulam, Marichettikulam, Roshanai kuttai through interconnected channels and reaches Rajankualm (Big Pond at the center of the Town, created during 1010 AD by the King Raja Raja Cholan) and then the surplus water reaches the Gidangal tank (in google map named as Bootheri lake).
Outlet channels of this lake passes through multiple villages and reaches to Veedur Dam, kazhuveeli lake and then mixes with Ocean near Marakkanam, ECR.
Actions being taken so far:
Situation has brought to the knowledge of Villupuram District Collector and Tindivanam Municipal Commissioner, Sanitary Officer. As a result of their immediate action, all the plastic waste and garbage in the input channel is being cleared.
With their approval started cleaning the major input channel starting from College Road Junction.
Mission of Tindivanam Water Bodies Conservation Group:
- Conducting awareness program for public and in school and colleges
- Prevent Plastic and garbage waste entering into the inlet channels, pond and lake
- Clean and deepen or create more sewage pits to filter sewage water entering into the lake
- Clean the input and output channels of the Lake
- Remove seema karu vela maram from the Lake
- Deepen the Lake and build/strengthen the boundaries of the lake
- Form Islands with fruit trees in the lake
- Planting Palm seed saplings around the lake, pond, input channels
- Form Miyawaki forest with native trees around the lake, pond, input channels
- Restore and build new wells in the lake
- Form small ponds in the lake
- Small parks and herbal gardens around the lake
- Walking / cycling tracks around the lake
- Hygiene and First Aid Kit
Thanks and Regards,
Namma Pasumai Tindivanam Admin and Directors Group.