Congress for Persons with Disabilities is a civil society movement innitiated by Thomas Kraus 22years ago, in his own words “ The congresses became the starting point for positive change in thelives of people with special needs in many countries. The first global congress marks a veryimportant step along the way. It’s time to unite the forces of all people across the globe and remindthe world of the values that really matter. It’s time to demonstrate the potential of cooperation in afriendly and creative environment where diversity is respected and individual issues are not abarrier to understanding”. The Congress is an event organized by persons with disabilities wherepresenters and resource persons will be persons with disabilities.
We had our 1st Congress for Persons with Disabilities in March 2018 at Karl Kubel Institute inCoimbatore. A three-day Congress at Karl Kubel Institute consisted of musical concerts, sessions,workshops, panel discussion, dances, singing and lot more. All of them were conducted by personswith disabilities themselves. Though it was 1st time in India, the event was a huge success.
We are a group of Individuals from different walks of life, inspired by Thomas Kraus, RabindranIsaac, wish to organize the 2nd Indian Congress for Persons with Disabilities in Bengaluru on 29th,30th April and 1st May 2019. Mr. Mahanthesh, Founder, Managing Trustee, Samarthanam Trust forThe Disabled, have partnered with us to host the event at HSR Layout premises.In the past, Congress event has raised 5 lakhs and was instrumental to make a positive impact on theminds of the delegates who attended. This year we are hoping to raise even more! Our goal is 10 lakhs rupees, and we are hoping you could help us reaching that goal. We are also attaching the appealletter for more details on the event. We would like to thank you in advance for your generosity. Please feel free to contact us with the below numbers.
- The main focus is on Persons with Disabilities themselves and their abilities.
- Platform to facilitate friendship and fellowship among the delegates attending the Congress from different parts of the country.
- To promote the role of Persons with Disabilities in creating an inclusive society.
- To create a matrix of support system, to nurture the inherent talents of persons with disabilities by partnering with representatives of the community.
- Spread awareness to the community by voicing the true expectation and needs of Persons with Disabilities and their contributions to society.
- To make the principles and values of the UN Convention on the rights of persons with
disabilities visible and effective.
An Appeal: You can be a part of this by contributing
- Sponsoring delegates registration fee Includes Conference Venue, accommodation, refreshments at the venue and local transport(residential) - Rs. 4,50,000
- Sponsoring delegates registration fee Includes, refreshments at venue and expenses for excursions(Day boarders) - Rs. 2,00,000
- Sponsoring Music system for the Flash Mob in the city - Rs. 50,000
- Congress Kits - Rs. 1,50,000
- Congress ‘T’ Shirts and Caps - Rs. 3,00,000
- Banners and promotional Materials - Rs. 20,000
- Refreshment on May 1st 2019 - Rs. 1,50,000
- Transportation (Local), for excursions, concert, organizing, press etc. - Rs. 1,50,000
- Resource person remuneration - Rs. 1,25,000
Contributions of Rs.50,000/- and above makes you eligible for your logo to be on all Congress Merchandise inclusive of the backdrop and website
All donors are entitled to exhibit their banners at the Samarthanam Trust for the Disabled, Bangalore.
A day will be allotted for public interactions at the Venue , Bike Rally and Flash Mob.
All contributions will be included as a partner in the web page and brochures.
Donations are entitled to Income Tax exemptions.
Ashwin BN – Organizing Secretary, 2nd Indian Congress For Persons with Disabilities.
Manjunath – Joint Secretary. 2nd Indian Congress For Persons with Disabilities.
Rabindran Isaac – Mentor, Indian Congress for Persons with Disabilities.
Sri Mahanthesh – Organizing Committee, Founder, Managing Trustee, Samarthanam Trust for the
Ashwin BN - Organizing Secretary.
Manjunath Reddy – Joint Secretary