Objectives of the Organization
Lotus Foundation envisions
“A society where the deprived on its own faces their needs and provide opportunity to others”
“Educating the deprived for rightful society”
Building capacity of the people
Motivating the community to participate fully
Networking with other Institutions (Govt, Private & NGOs)
Ensuring Sustainability of the programme
Address Cross Cutting Issues of Environmental aspect.
Area of Operation
Villupuram & Cuddalore districts of Tamil Nadu State and Puducherry union territory.
Activities Carried out
- PROPOSED IMMEDIATE ACTION:
- Lotus Foundation’s response to COVID-19 will include immediate relief, restoration and ‘build back’. In this times of National crisis, our foundation, reaffirms its commitments towards nation building and assures it will participate in the fight against COVID- 19 pandemic to the best of its capability in Villages of Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu & Pondicherry (U.T).
- Relief Action Plan: These would be immediate needs, geared towards providing support to vulnerable groups and communities, local administration and frontline workers who are most affected by the pandemic, directly or directly.
- Action Chart
- 1.Complementing the Healthcare Services
- Provisioning of medical supplies, equipment & accessories to minimize disruptions in medical care and delivery of health services. Also to include any immediate psycho-social as well as mental health support by specialized organizations
- 2. Food Security
- Including cooked meals, micronutrients and dry ration.
- 3.Care & Support
- Care for elderly, people living with disabilities, children & most disadvantaged through psycho-social support, temporary shelters, education in emergencies and other such well-being initiatives. To include any immediate measures towards protection of children in transit, those living in difficult circumstances and dealing with vulnerabilities.
- 4.Training, Capacity Building and Awareness
- Create awareness about prevention, hygiene, social distancing, combating stigma in communities, psycho-social care. Train and build capacities of frontline workers through digital platforms and technology tools, as per measures prescribed by MoHFW, to strengthen the delivery of health care services.
- Restoration & Build Back Action Plan: These would include efforts aimed at maintaining and restoring normalcy. To ensure that negative impact of the pandemic on regular development work is minimized. This calls for innovative solutions such that normalcy is restored at the earliest. The following categories are suggested:
- Action Chart
- 1. Early Childhood Care and Development in Emergencies
- Restore education for most disadvantaged children in rural and urban areas, with state permissions, using technology led solutions.
- 2. Child Protection and Inclusion (PWD, other groups) in Emergencies
- Interventions that can support children who were already living in difficult circumstances and have high vulnerability, mitigation efforts that reduce possibilities of any form of abuse or harm with them.
- 3. Health in Emergencies
- High focus on pregnant, lactating mothers, elderly, psychosocial care, mental health, non-communicable and communicable diseases (other than Covid19)
- 4. WASH in Emergencies
- High focus of personal and community hygiene, hand washing practices and improved sanitation
- 5. Livelihood and Skill Development in Emergencies
- Livelihood & skill development programs for marginalized young adolescent girls, women, disabled persons. (Income Generation Activities)
Beneficiaries to be targeted:
- Cuddalore Dist (Kurinjipadi block)
- SC community -2/ Fishing Village – 2 / Tribal Village - 1 ) – Total: 5 Villages
- Pondicherry: (Villianur block)
- Tribal – 1 / SC village – 2 / Fishing Community– 2) – Total: 5 Villages
Total target beneficiaries: 1425 families / Total Population – 5745 / Male – 2363 / Female – 3382 (People with Disabilities – 27)
- BUDGET OUT LINE:
- Amount in Indian Rs.
Training, Capacity Building and AwarenessCOVID-19 in selected 10 villages
- 10 Villages X 3 months X @ Rs. 5000/-
Protection Materials for families to stop the spread of Covid–19(masks, sanitizer, Gloves etc.,)1425 families X @ Rs. 500/-
'Food Supplies” initiative to feed the needy families with basic food materials.1425 families X @ Rs. 750/-
4.Care & Support for Children, Elders, Pregnant women & people with disabilities10 villages X @ Rs.2 5,000/-
WASH – Water & Sanitation programs for personal health & hygiene10 villages X @ Rs.50,000/-
Livelihood for the Isolated Marginalized group of families in the community in 10 villages.10 villages X @ Rs. 50000/-
- Project Coordinator: 1no X Rs.10,000 X 12 months
- Field Animators: 4 no X Rs.8000 X 12 months
- ( 2 staff in Cuddalore & 2 staff in Pondicherry)
Administration Cost for the total Project. (8%)
2,72,020Total in Indian Rs.(Thirty Six Lakhs Seventy Two Thousand Two Hundred Seventy Rupees Only)
36, 72, 270/-
- My name is Koushik Ghosh Choudhury . I am a social worker from Jamshedpur , Jharkhand . I am the active Volunteer of “Lotus Foundation” NGO I am here to raise funds for the NGO to help for underprivileged family’s of Village. ..