― David W. Orr
Who We Are
Living Bridges is a collaborative platform created by two women-led ventures, enCOMPASSion Foundation (a Section 8 company) and Connext Coaching, to foster and develop empathic, informed and skilled development practitioners, citizens and peacebuilders from diverse social and cultural backgrounds – from across India and the world. Both the founders are CNVC certified trainers of Nonviolent Communication (NVC).
- 1 changemaker = INR 1900 (USD 25)
- 5 changemakers = INR 9500 (USD 125)
- 10 changemakers = INR 19000 (USD 250)
Founded in October 2020, in the last 13 months the Living Bridges has been able to reach out to and serve 780+ participants through 56 intense and experiential weekly small group workshops, as well as 8 long term training programmes. These workshops have brought together 780+ participants from 44 countries and 37 trainers from 17 countries to collaboratively explore, learn about, and develop skills for:
- Practicing empathy and collaboration in an increasingly polarized world
- Building bridges across people and communities for creating sustainable human systems
- Actively living nonviolence, compassion and peace in day-to-day situations, and
- Seeding an inclusive future that works for everyone
From the money raised from these workshops, we have supported grassroots initiatives, including:
- Community development in urban slums in NOIDA
- Winter blankets relief for Delhi’s urban poor, and
- Towards supporting sex workers during the second wave.
What We Plan to Do – and Our Appeal for Your Support!
Having developed and tested a working model for our mission, we are entering the 2nd phase of our journey, the Living Bridges 2.0 – and need your support!
During the next year, we aim to:
- Develop and mentor a cadre of 50 to 100, “Living Bridges Changemakers” from amongst the participants of our workshops who can make a difference in their communities
- Support and handhold the grassroots community projects which they would undertake individually
- Refine and develop more training material, self-assessment tools etc.
- Continue to provide scholarships/ freeships to remain inclusive, and
- Support the community projects undertaken by the Living Bridges
- If you are an Indian bank holder, your money will be going to Encompassion Foundation, a Section 8 company.
- If you are an International bank holder, please head here to support us by purchasing our NVC materials: https://rzp.io/l/livingbridges
You can also help by SPREADING THE WORD!
Please help us get the word out by:
- Sharing on social media.
- Creating a mini fundraiser of your own!
- Committing to a monthly contribution to us.
- Telling your friends