The committee for this initiative consist of the following organisations:
We are a collaborative of grassroots organizations in Kutch and seek your support to fight COVID in Kutch. Like the rest of India, Kutch has got engulfed by COVID, and communities across this far-flung district in India are reeling under the destruction of a flimsy healthcare system.
We have come together to support unserved communities - daily wage earners, artisans, street vendors, migrants, and other vulnerable communities - in rural and urban Kutch. They are seeing widespread infection of COVID and are in dire need of medical rescue and economic support. Given the circumstances, we have launched the following emergency support services -
- Tele-medicine and e-consultation support: A panel of doctors will provide medical advice and counseling to patients in remote villages and urban slums with limited access to healthcare. This being the largest district in India, with far-flung villages, it is imperative that the communities get quick online support facilitated by field volunteers.
- Distribution of safety equipment and monitoring devices amongst trained volunteers and community members.
- Communication campaign: In order to control the spread of the virus, guide patients to the correct set of resources, as well as help people overcome fears of vaccinations and testing. Will use credible influencers from amongst the community, community radio, social media, and volunteers.
- Community kitchens and tiffin systems for COVID affected community members: Needed for families who are infected and quarantined, as well as the old and single women/men facing distress due to the pandemic.
- Establishing quarantine centers for COVID patients in gram panchayats (village level councils) and urban slums.
- Dedicated vaccination camps in collaboration with registered medical institutions.
The initiative is supported by the following collaboratives:
- Kutch Crafts Collective (KCC)
- Kutch Nav Nirman Abhiyan (KNNA)
- Homes in the City (HIC)
- Shishukunj International Foundation (SIF)