Unfortunately, in the midst of this crisis, social distancing practices, the closed markets & the lack of buyers among other problems has left farmers helplessly waiting and watching from the sidelines as their grains (worth millions) were left to spoil.
Hunger and desperation has become increasingly prevalent, so we decided to put our foot down and are attempting to stop this devolving scenario one farmer at a time.
Who will we help and how?
Through our combined network and resources, we aim to aid these men and women in a bid to protect their crops and educate them on the use of reliable, organic post-harvest methods for their produce.
- Funds will be used to:
- Provide food grain and seed storage kits such as metal cans, woven sacks, tarpaulin sheds and hermetic bags.
- Assist farmers in arranging warehouses in the same vicinity.
- Provide grain dryers, portable moisture analyzers, etc
- This is a 100% not for profit campaign.
- For every 1000 rupees raised, we will be able to save approximately 900 KGs of grains.
- Our volunteers and NGO partner will be ensuring responsible distribution of all resources while adhering to the Social Distancing guidelines put in place.
- 80G Tax exemption can be issued for all donations made to this campaign.
How can you help?
We understand that these are trying times for everyone, which is why there is no minimum donation amount. We are more than happy to accept any form of monetary aid that you are able to offer.
With your help, we hope to reach out to as many farmers as possible and equip them with the means necessary to survive better in these harsh times.
The success of this initiative will ultimately save 46 Lakh KGs of grain and have positive implications on multiple industries such as those that fall under the food & beverage bracket.
Who are we?
Save Grain Bags began as a CSR initiative and has gradually transformed into an independent company that aims to help farmers and businesses alike store grains through natural, organic means. Experts in the field of Polymer Sciences & Advanced Chemical Synthesis, we have created a series of products which incorporate the EVOH polymer to store grains without the use of even a single drop of pesticides. This has allowed grains to be stored in their natural state, preserving aroma and freshness, for up to 2 years.