Till yesterday , Tina ( Kirandeep ), a 36 yr old , slim , pretty, simple young woman from a middle class family was happy with the way life was going.
Beloved by her in- laws, apple of her husband's eye and a contented mother of two, Tina could not ask for more from life.
A few months ago a small swelling in her mouth was investigated and she was diagnosed with two Stage 1 malignant tumours inside her face . The family went into shock. The only option was surgery. Here is what the surgery would do to Tina:
1. Her teeth and jaws would be removed.
2. A new jaw would be made with bones from her legs.
3. She will have no teeth for about 2 years.
4. As of now she will need 30 sessions of Radiation soon.
5. Her voice would change and she may not be able to talk well for a year .
In other words, Tina's face will never be the same again. Along with battling the cancer, she will also be battling the loss of her face and her life as she knew it . Help build her life back.
Tina has no insurance and the family is struggling to arrange funds for treatment and the resulting long battle ahead.