Who are we?
- Founded by late Arti Puri, a fervent animal activist in 2006, we started off with feeding few strays in and around our colony. The plight of hundreds of starving, hurt dogs on the streets of Delhi pushed us to scale our feeding and from past 10 years we have been feeding more than 450 stray dogs, cats, every single day.
- In May 2021, we lost our founder and my mother to Covid. Since then, I, Divya Puri have been single handedly managing, funding and operating our trust to feed and nurture hundreds of strays.
What all do we do currently?
- 400+ strays fed a fresh meal everyday.
- Community kitchen that cooks 200Kg fresh food daily
- Dedicated team of six plus people that cook, feed and nurture our strays
- More than 500+ dogs vaccinated annually
- Setting up vaccination drive in South Delhi since 2016
- Associated with more than 10 vets & paravets
- 1000+ strays neutered with MCD support
- Provide post care of neutered dogs
- Have reduced puppy population in new friends' colony and areas by 80%
- Active monthly rescues of injured, impaired, old and accident hit dogs
- Dedicated team for help of these dogs who are often left bleeding on roads
- Offer on the spot medical assistance
- Provide essentials like water bowls, beds & coats for our strays on the roads
- Strong on-ground network of animal activists in south Delhi – more than 100+ people
- Voice animal cruelty issues and act against injustices done to strays via our social handles
- Resolved more than 50+ animal cruelty cases
- Hold strong share of voice in South Delhi
- Have helped more than 150 + strays find a safe home
- Have given shelter to many old and ailing dogs within our network of shelters and boardings
- Have rescued more than 50+ animals from puppy mills and breeders
Contribute to our community kitchen - help us feed in our daily activity.
Annual Cost - INR 18,50,000
Make Hundreds of Dogs – Happy!
At the best of times, life is a struggle for India’s stray dogs. Stray dogs survive on garbage, leftover food, and help from feeders.
The way to a man’s best friend’s heart, is often through food. You can spread happiness amongst hundreds of dogs who live on the streets of Delhi, by sponsoring a meal for them and be a hunger hero.
Contribute to our annual vaccination drive.
Annual Cost - INR 2,00,000 (500 dogs)
Street dogs vaccinated against diseases/rabies
Vaccination is important to prevent deaths from fatal and contagious canine disease.
Rabies vaccine is essential for all street dogs, as it reduces the risk of the deadly disease being transmitted of humans in case of dog bite. Apart from rabies, DHPP vaccine is administered that prevents distemper, parvovirus, parainfluenza, and two types of adenovirus (hepatitis). You can support us by contributing towards the vaccination cost for stray animals.
Contribute to our animal ambulance project.
Annual Cost - INR 14,50,000
Project - Save a life!!
Street animals' lives depend on the community's help. Creating a central rescue point will inspires people to not only call our helpline when they see an injured animal, but to feed the animals in their neighbourhood, spot problems before they become serious, report cruelty, and even give medicine under the direction of our panel vet.
We will be providing Delhi’s 1st Mobile Animal ambulance with a centralised helpline number. You can help us by contributing towards the fixed cost for running two ambulances in the capital city.