Project Ayra (ayra meaning “the breath of life”) is a fundraising project by Girl Up Sky, a youth-led initiative registered under the United Nations Foundation's Girl Up Campaign. All funds collected will go towards Justice and Hope, Chennai (NGO).
In India, crimes against women are a matter of grave concern. According to a National Crime Records Bureau report, 28,153 victims of rape were reported across the country in 2020, that means about 2300 victims every month, 78 every day and atleast 3 every hour. These grim numbers point towards a dire need to assist the victims of these harrowing cases.
In a world that is designed to cater to men in power, women frequently become the corollary sufferers of several world atrocities. Domestic violence, rape, trafficking and sexual assault inflict scars and wounds deeper than those that can be seen with the naked eye. The rehabilitation of these victims is a process that takes time and money. Every rupee you choose to donate can make an insurmountable difference in their lives. This will enable the ngo to realise their objective of providing rescue, rehabilitation and counselling for these victims and individuals in need.
The funds raised through this project by Girl Up Sky will be utilised for various projects under Justice and Hope.
Trafficked individuals and those vulnerable becoming overcomers and agents of prevention in the community.
– Rescuing/receiving victims of trafficking, runaways, abused and vulnerable minors
– Working alongside government homes to develop systems and infrastructure
– Engaging abused and traumatized via much needed counseling and therapy
– Providing rescue and rehabilitation including the strengthening of home communities
– Continued sustainable support of victims through building community resilience
Build self governed communities with systems of safety that will prevent child sexual abuse and holistically restore those affected.
– working alongside schools and institutions to develop and strengthen strategies against sexual violence
– educating children, teachers, parents and community members in prevention, support and response
– holding perpetrators accountable
Support and assist individuals affected by domestic violence, strengthening community response and prevention.
– supporting and empowering families and individuals victimized by domestic violence preventing terminal illness from causing a family to succumb to poverty
– providing rescue and counselling to victims
– providing a path towards longterm rehabilitation
– supporting families and individuals in standing against infanticide
To build supportive, inclusive and accessible communities for the differently abled persons and enable a life of dignity and purpose.
Fund utilisation break up:
Rs 10,000 - Will be used for funding counselling sessions and therapy for victims of domestic abuse and for supporting their families. Thus, it will be donated towards Project Rahaat.
Rs 15,000- Will be used for funding counselling sessions and therapy for abused and traumatized victims of sex trafficking. Thus, it will be donated towards Project Diya.
Any extra money raised will be used to fund the other projects under Justice and Hope.
All donations qualify for tax exemption under Section 80G.
About Girl Up Sky
Girl Up Sky is a youth-led, non-profit initiative registered under the Girl Up Campaign launched by the United Nations Foundation in 2010. With the help of over 65 members, they work for women and vulnerable communities through their fundraising efforts, free workshops & webinars, and other community building activities. They create awareness about lesser-known social issues affecting women and strive to create a tangible social change by focusing on one step at a time & one community at a time.
About the ngo:
Driven by the yearning to bring change and be changed, Justice and Hope aims to protect and uplift the downtrodden victims of human trafficking, domestic violence and sexual assault. They work towards equipping those responsible for upholding human rights and further empowering the community to make a difference in the lives of the many suffering.
For more information about the NGO and what they do visit https://justiceandhope.org/.
Contact the ngo : firstname.lastname@example.org