COVID-19 is not only a challenge for global health systems, but also a test of our human spirit. Social and Economic impacts of this pandemic are manifold. Women and girls who are generally earning less, saving less, and holding insecure jobs or living close to poverty are suffering the most. Unpaid care work has increased, with children out-of-school, heightened care needs of older dependent persons and overwhelmed health services. The situations are very bad amongst the daily wage communities and the poor states like Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Target beneficiaries from this campaign:
- Women who are bread earners of their family with their livelihood profoundly affected
- Women suffering from gender-based violence
- Women in distress-social, economic, or mental
How your support will ensure help to afore-mentioned categories of women?
- Pooled money will ensure dry ration to identified women and their families for at least 15 days
- Women suffering from gender-based violence would be given tele-counseling and would be connected to concerned departments for necessary support
- Distribution of personal protection equipment i.e. mask and hand-sanitizers to all the needy families would be ensured
- Families with migrant workers and those struggling with loss of daily-wages jobs would be identified and provided with financial support and dry ration
Your small support may lead to a large impact. Kindly donate and also avail Income Tax Benefit under Income Tax Act of India.