This clearly shows how COVID-19 pandemic has affected the lives of daily wage workers/migrant workers. It has not only affected their livelihood, but their the physical and mental health too is deeply affected.
Humanity Calls Relief Fund (non-for profit) has been setup by Dakshakriti Product and Services Pvt. Ltd. (A social enterprise in Mumbai, working towards skill development and empowerment) for the welfare of the most vulnerable groups of the society who are affected adversely due to COVID-19 crisis. Our motto is that each ONE help each ONE so that NO ONE - human or animals remains hungry.
As the entire country is under lockdown, there are a large number of people from the marginalized sections of the society who are fighting with hunger. As there is no steady monthly income for daily wage workers/migrant workers, people with mental illness and disabilities, senior citizens, sex workers, transgenders, and homeless people; the current situation when the entire country is under lockdown affects their means of earning their food. We all talk about development, but currently our on ground developers (daily wage workers) need us to help them sustain this crisis situation. There are many people who live on streets, sex workers and transgenders, their livelihood is also affected by this crisis not only economically but physically and mentally too. People with mental illness and disabilities, senior citizens are most vulnerable groups who cannot go out and get their daily supplies. Not only humans but stray animals are also affected deeply by this crisis situation as there is no one feed them.
As a responsible citizen of our country, we need to come together to help feed everyone so that no body sleeps hungry. Humanity Calls Relief Group mobilizes resources from various local civic bodies, religious groups, trusts, NGOs and business organisations to help provide food to the most vulnerable groups of the society to fight hunger in this crisis.
Who will we help and how we will utilize the funds?
- We provide food supplies and meals to senior citizens, people with disability, people with mental illness, construction/daily wage workers, homeless people, sex workers, transgenders and stray animals. We are also providing psycho-social support to people who are in need.
- We have identified 50 migrant worker families in Navi Mumbai & Mumbai area, 10 homeless people, 4 transgenders, 2 primary schools with 50 students coming from low socio-economic background and around 50 stray animals who need our support and help.
- We provide help in terms of distributing relief kits to the migrant/daily wage worker’s families, sex workers and transgenders. Meals distribution to homeless people, senior citizens, people with mental illness and disabilities and primary school students.
- The Relief Kits will be procured from our logistics partners in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai. The Meals will be prepared with help of local businesses and partner restaurants from Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.
- The Relief Kits consist of rice, wheat flour, pulses, sugar, salt, cooking oil, dettol hand soap and sanitary napkins for the family 5 to sustain for 2 weeks. The meals prepared are prepared keeping in mind the nutritional requirement with the help of local businesses and partner restaurants.
- 100% of the funds raised will be used in procuring and distributing Relief Kits and Meals to the people and animals in need.
- Our Volunteers and partner organisation, NGOs will ensure that Relief kits and meals are distributed responsibly while maintaining the ‘Social Distancing’ and governmental guidelines to ensure safety of all.