During this unparalleled and unprecedented moment in time, we wish to do everything we can to help the underprivileged and daily wage workers. Since we’re under lockdown, the daily wage workers are the worst hit, as they have no incomes right now.
Our aim is to help them by supplying groceries and essentials so that no family has to go hungry in the absence of employment opportunities. Our campaign would be for underprivileged families across India.
Who will we help and how?
- Daily wage earners, taxi/rickshaw drivers, construction site workers, maids, delivery workers, anyone whose income has stopped due to the lockdown.
- We have shortlisted underprivileged families in Punjab and Madhya Pradesh, and Uttarakhand who need our support.
- We will supply a ration kit to such families which will include:
- 5 kg of wheat flour
- 5 kg of rice
- 1.5 kg dal
- The ration kits will last at least last for 4 -10 days for a family of 4.
- Our volunteers will observe responsible distribution of these ration kits by ensuring all social distancing guidelines and with all the PPE.
How will the funds be used?
- We require 1,000,000 rupees for supplying ration kits, each worth Rs. 500, to 2000 underprivileged families across India.
- All funds will go towards the buying and distribution of these kits to 2000 families.
- 80G Tax exemption certificate will be issued for all donations
About Go Dharmic
Go Dharmic focuses on the most pressing social development issues in India. Our campaigns include supporting the education of underprivileged children, feeding the hungry, improving sanitation, targeting environmental issues, and more.
Starting in 2016, we have supported 75 schools with infrastructure, built 68 libraries in underprivileged government schools across India, and donated more than 16500 books which have benefited more than 30,000 children.
For more details, you can visit here: www.godharmic.com