I am Gaurav Tripathi from Varanasi (Kashi), Uttar Pradesh. I am 25 years old. I have completed Masters in Economics from IGNOU in 2018.
I am an aspiring Professional Golfer. I started playing competitive golf at age of 22. Since then I have been participating in amateur competitions organized by Indian Golf Union. I also competed in various district tournaments.
I represented Uttar Pradesh in National Golf Competition Amateur in February and June months of 2018.
I practice at Jaypee Greens Noida Golf Course. However, due to high fees of coaching I am unable to access and be guided by a good coach. I am practicing for Professional Q-school.
PGTI Qualifying School in January 2020
What the money will be used for ?
- I am facing severe financial crunch in meeting my preparation expenses
- Incurring the necessity expenditure of travel by bus and in trains to compete in tournament including fees of Competition
- Coaching fees of Instructor and feedback
- Every golf tournament is held for 5 hours daily consecutively for 5 days in week including 1 day practice round, their exist participatory fees for amateur tournaments
- To buying required shoes, socks , new golf balls and equipment.
- Golf has been recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and from every country ,top 2 golfers in Official World Golf Ranking are eligible to participate in Olympics.
- Through , participating in the competition I aspire to represent India at Olympics in 2024 Paris.
Recently, I have qualified for a BPO job at EXL, Noida. Taking the decision to apply for a job is necessary because I started playing game in early twenties. I am not earning as an amateur golfer from tournaments. My mother and father are retired teachers from Navodaya Vidyalaya. I requested them to allow me to play game and prepare for Professional Tournament ,they support me completely with a time limit. My elder sister is sole earning member of the family.
As told above that a golf tournament consist of 5 days of playing with 5 hours each day per round in every week . I aspire to participate in more amateur tournaments to get prepared for upcoming Professional Competition.
- Competed in Q-school of Amateur Held at Chandimandir Golf Course, Chandigarh
- Indian Golf Union Gentlemen 2019 National Q-school at Panchkula
- Handicap Score of 0.4 authorized by Indian Golf Union created after playing every round at golf course
Thank you. Please share this with your family and friends.