We are a non-partisan, non-profit organisation committed to amplifying women’s leadership in Indian politics. We aim to nurture and groom women political leaders to build a better world. Our focus is not limited to increasing women’s representation in politics but also to improve the quality of their representation.
How will we achieve the above?
- Make politics attractive as a career option
- Reduce the entry-barriers
- Increase the quality of representation
- Amplify impact
- Build a network of women politicians
Mission: We seek to amplify women’s representation in Indian politics.
The Women in Government Fellowship is our flagship program. It is a 6-month program which will facilitate capacity-building, training, and mentorship of women in politics. It seeks to enhance political participation of women as well as improve the quality of their representation. The fellows will undergo residential in-person workshops, online learning sessions, and hands-on individual mentorship by seasoned women politicians that would expose them to the necessary skill-sets for a successful political career. The fellows will have access and be a part of a network of women political leaders.
Women in Government Dialogues:
It is an international platform where political leaders from across the world come together to discuss and share ideas on how to further advance women's participation in politics. In the last one year, we have conducted four WIG Dialogues with 30+ political leaders from across the world!
You can watch the full recordings here.
Gendered Leadership Course:
The 6-week course consists of a series of lectures delivered on various facets of gender and feminist leadership. It educates and informs about gender practices in everyday life, the history and waves of feminism, concept of intersectionality, mainstreaming gender in policy-making, and gender in leadership. Having kicked off the course in August 2020, we have enrolled and engaged with 150 learners —5 cohorts — from diverse backgrounds across India.
Read more about the course here.
How will your contribution help?
- Rs. 5,00,000/- will cover costs of the Women in Government Fellowship mainly scholarships, honorarium, workshops, resource person fees, and other logistical expenses
- Rs. 1,00,000/- will help us to continue scholarships for people who wish to but lack the financial means to enrol to the highly impactful Gendered Leadership Course
- Rs. 2,00,000/- will help us conduct the inspiring and empowering Women in Government Dialogues
- Rs. 2,00,000/- will contribute to the organisation's operational costs