My name is George J 36 years old from Chennai, Tamil Nadu, I am here to raise funds for Geo India Foundation, I am here to raise funds to help Families of Tribal villages.
Thank you for reading my appeal on behalf of Geo India Foundation, I am one of the trustees of our NGO.
Construction of a multipurpose center-for (Irula) tribal community which will bring skill development, empowerment, and community-driven approaches to gender and culture-sensitive employment and entrepreneurial initiatives.
Skill development and employment are some of the primary agents of transformation towards the development of the Irula community. It is an activity, or a series of activities, or a process that will improve the immediate living conditions and increase the potential for future living.
Based on the survey, conducted by Geo India Foundation the major job along the Irula community living in and around Rettamangalam village - jobs are tree cutting, and few members are part of the 100 days employment scheme. More than 84% of people are earning less than 24000/- per year and about 16% are earning more than 24000/- per year in these tribal community colonies.
Beneficiary: More than 800 people from Irula tribes and other backward community people from rettamangalam, mangalam, ozhailur, perungozhi and vellpothur villages are the direct beneficiaries of this project.
Our humble beginnings.
We need your support for us to complete this project for the Irula tribe/ backward communities living around the Rettamangalam, Kancheepuram, Tamilnadu.
We are in need of funds for the following:
- Funding for the cost of the 1500 sq. ft building project.
- Areca plate making machine 2 numbers.
- Computers 12 numbers, computer tables 12 numbers and chairs 20 numbers.
- Borewell for water supply.
- Toilets 4 numbers.
- Solar panel - light post 6 numbers.
ABOUT GEO INDIA FOUNDATION
Geo India Foundation (GIF) is a registered non-profit organization aiding the alleviation of poverty in rural/tribal communities with an emphasis on women, youth, and children. GIF was established in 2017 with the aim of improving rural communities and also improving the total well-being of disadvantaged groups in tribal/ rural communities.
The organization is devoted to focusing its efforts towards girls/women's sanitary hygiene, education, health awareness, and empowerment, food for hunger, and environment/tree plantation.
Our mission is to create an enriched local community that adequately supports the total development of women and children through the provision of education, social needs, economic opportunities, and infrastructure.
- Women empowerment center has been started in Moosivakkam village in Madhuranthagam. Women in this center are given proper skill training in tailoring techniques and powered sewing machine operation. Geo India foundation has given the job work for them to earn and to sustain their livelihood.
- We are running a Kindergarten in Unamalai tribal village, where the children are getting proper - early age education and night school for certain students. The school is working basically as the education center, health center, and community development center.
Please come forward to support my cause. Any contribution will be of immense help. Do contribute and share this campaign link with your friends and family.