Surgery can help her to gain sight back.
Patient Name - Shama. Our apartment watch(wo)man lady. An orphan!!!!
She is diagnosed with Cataract in both her eyes.
Chk-up done at Nethrajyothi clinic (GM Palya, Bangalore) and had a brief talk with Doctor - V Jyothi... She has ~2decades of experience in eye surgeries..
1. Right eye is worse than left
2. Cataract surgery to be done asap... Right eye max to be done within July
3. Cost per eye for Cataract surgery - 28 -30K.. Max possible she has reduced and we'll be going with Phaco surgery, wherein no hospitalisation and within 4 hours we can bring the patient back home.
4. Doctor is confident in getting the surgery succesfull. But no guarantee, for these surgeries will be given by any!!!
5. Hospital & branch, doctor can say, once we're comfortable with a date range. She is ready anytime, if we're ready.
6. No Hospitalisation
7. First right eye & after min one week next eye. But we can prolong the another eye operation upto 3-4 weeks max.
8. For one week, she shouldn't lift anything heavy and she can do soft works from the next day of operation.
9. Pre-requisites results for Operation - RBS (sugar level), BP, ECG, RTPCR & Some eye test, which altogether costs ~2.5K
10. Once the operation for both eyes done succesfully, the patient will be assessed the need for specs.
11. So including points 3, 9 & 10, max upto 33K for operating one eye and further medicines & specs, we're estimating it can shoot upto 66K
Once the required amount is collected and we plan out for the operation, at the earliest, i shall keep you posted for the further proceedings!!!
If not u(s) then who, if not now then when