Join hands to break the cycle of Poverty in India!
Sahegaami is empowering underprivileged children and youth through education and skills development. Helping the most disadvantaged children to gain access to quality education and life skills. And ensuring they are given opportunities and support to live a better life.
Sahegaami-A Drive for Social Reforms a non-profit organization working since 2018 to support slum children's education by preparing them to get enrolled in formal education, providing them remedial classes to monitor their performances and control drop-out along with it they are getting digital education, personality development, and theatre classes for their overall learning and development.
Throughout the lockdown period, our team helped the community children to keep up with their studies. Covid did hit them hard and without knowledge and needed resources they couldn't continue their online studies. We believe that no child in India should be left behind because of not having enough support to access their right to basic education. And for them “No School” means child labor, abuse, violence, and early marriage.
After one year of hard work, regular classes, theatre workshops, and mentorship sessions we are happy that our team managed to enroll them in Delhi government schools.
Target: to educate and equip 500 underprivileged children with the right set of skills by the end of 2025 across Delhi.
We request you support these underprivileged children to get away from child labor and poverty. Education is the only hope for a rising and developing India and your role could be pivotal.
This program will ensure that the child will not drop out of school due to a lack of support, and inspiration, and is empowered enough to break the cycle of poverty by acquiring the right skills and livelihood opportunities. Your support can fix their whole life.
We are especially focusing on girls’ education. In general, they face many problems while growing up where they should have to find out economic stability for their position in the family, in the community, and society. This project will empower girls from a young age to be resilient and have a secure and safe future.
To implement the Lift me Up project team has chosen 2 different communities.
1- Shakarpur Nagar (migrated families/daily wage earners).
2- Haiderpur- Big slum with 5000+ Jhuggies
Chosen areas have got the complexities of communication, migration, and poverty syndrome having want of education, skills, job opportunity, and income security for true empowerment. Especially the youth and women are facing many problems where they should find economic stability for their position in the family, in the community, and in society.
Target Age group:
Children 5 to 14 years (Both girl and boy)
Youth 16 to 35 years (Both girl and boy)
- Development of education park one at each targeted location
- Open 2 Training centers to provide: sewing, digital, e-commerce business, and selling skills.
List of Activates:
- Basic education and remedial classes.
- Theatre workshops, motivational and personality development classes.
- Sewing classes.
- Session on online selling, and market opportunities.
- Digital training, web development, and graphic designing.
- Training session on how to start small and run a business.
- 20 Educational sessions on Digital Education.
- 10 Sessions on Human Rights, health, and hygiene
- Survey and data collection to analyze the current state of education, skills, employment, and health.
- Counseling on education and career opportunities.
- Partnership with training centres, companies, and consultancies to make them job-ready.
- Enroll children in school and ensure zero dropouts.
- Groom them, and equip youth with employability skills.
- Develop the right habits and mindset
- Aware and empower underserved children and youth
Owing to this situational analysis the organization intends to strengthen the capacity of the children and youth through Education cum Skill development not just among school-going but to take the dropouts into the learning fold and encourage them to have their scopes for the future through livelihood enhancement.
Dear donors & well-wishers:
There are 269.3 million people below the poverty line in India currently. Nearly 1.8 million people live in slum areas in the capital of India - New Delhi. We can fade these statistics and so the people’s misery if we all put in a little of what we are blessed with, i.e. talent, compassion, empathy, and resources. We appeal to you to donate generously to our campaign and join hands in breaking this vicious cycle of poverty and making India equal and empowered. Any amount, big or small will go a long way in solving one of the major problems.
These are also how you can support:
- Donate to the campaign
- Share the campaign link on your social media profiles like Facebook, Linkedin, etc.
- Whatsapp the link to your friends and family
- Join us and Lead a movement toward education and empowerment.
We and our children need your support. Please come forward and donate generously to make this dream true. Your contribution can change poor lives. Donate now to make a difference!
Get Continuous Updates on Progress: Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages.
Get a donation receipt over your email with tax benefits under 80G. For Any Related Queries, Please email us at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org