However, there is a dearth of learning spaces and communities supporting individuals and families to sustain these alternative routes. In most cases, alternative spaces are limited to those who live in cities and can pay higher fees.
In Tiruvannamalai, the spiritual heart of South India, we have set out to build Recenter, a space for alternatives - A space that could be used by everyone irrespective of their age, educational background, and economic status; a space where learning and living coexist; a space rooted in regeneration and spirituality.
Who will be benefitted?
- Young adults living in villages in and around Tiruvannamalai
- Women and children who do not have access to a learning space in their villages
- Families who would like an anchor to transition into an alternate way of living-earning-learning.
Host family retreats. A sacred space curated for families to deepen their bonds, and review their values, relationships, and communication methods, intended to bring harmony in the family, in oneself, and eventually with the external world. This would include space for a maximum of 5 families to stay at a given point in time, including a community kitchen.
- Construction February - June 2023
- Community mobilization, sensitization, and awareness campaigns March - June 2023
- Learning space inauguration15 July 2023
We send much gratitude your way for staying with our story, reading it this far, and showering your kindness on us.
Jayashree + Arasu + Sarangi
PS: As founders of this social enterprise, we'd like to register Recenter as a private limited company. This would allow us to earn our living while staying true to our values and conviction about the kind of community we are trying to build.