I am a recent graduate student working currently with Y EAST and BOUDDI Solutions to clean dirtiest GANGES RIVER GHAT cleanup throughout the city .The main areas of my work focus on issues like
- We started with few volunteers and got our hands and feet dirty and gathered 20 bags of waste from the bank, from typical plastic bottles, plastic bags and other single-use plastic items, to deeply embedded long pieces of cloth materials, books or Hindu idols.
- We also engaged conversations with the local community there, from explaining the project and its importance
- Worked with leadership staff and special committees to define volunteer mission and set standards
- Spoke with community organizations to boost outreach and highlight programs successes
- Recruited and trained new volunteers on volunteer program goals and objectives
- Till now more than 4000 kg of plastic and non-degradable is cleaned up from the affected area,.
"Blaming the Government is the easiest thing that every young generation is doing, we want to change that."
I am also working with different mental health awareness program with PINK FREUD INDIA to help depressed youth to open about their situation and speak about their problem.
India is the most depressed country and we want to change that.
BAIMUN is hosted by International Global Network, a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and Event Organizer MICE (Meeting, Incentive, Convention, and Exhibition) which was established with the aim of bringing together young people all over the world. Its mission is to cooperate in social movements, business, technology, and culture to get to know each other and bring changes for a better world. Through international programs aimed at building leadership skills of young people around the world who have global thinking, and bring them together to know each other, appreciate and support one another today and tomorrow in the future. Moreover, in line with my vision raising youth’s awareness toward global issues whilst improving their soft skills, this foundation holds another program which is an academic simulation of the United Nations conference known as Model United Nations (MUN).
I applied for the conference as a representative from India who will be a delegate there, they asked a series of questions and I had to answer them as per my knowledge.
Today morning itself I got an email from them that I have been selected to join them in this continuing effort to make a brighter future for our world because they believe that I have the ability to change this dream into a reality. They informed me that out of 1051 applicants I have been selected to become part of them. It is a feeling for honor for me.
When I will be at this conference, I will get to learn about various ideas on how to curb these issues more efficiently and effectively. As an active volunteer i.know the hardship that were facing right now.We need to act more rapidly to get these things done and we need young minds to get involved.
But the competition organizers have refused to sponsor my trip.
Attending the trip would cost me around 62000 RS which is equivalent to $875, which is far above my reach,
- BAIMUN FEES -37800(HOTEL, Meals and Airport assistance included)
- FLIGHT -RS 18000 (cheapest)
- VISA + Insurance -RS 2500
- Milaap 5% charge - RS 2915
Why I'm fundraising these?
- My parents don't support any social things which I do so there would be null help from their side.
- I come from a middle-class family. which cannot afford to send me to BALI as an INDIAN representative spending 62000 rs .
- I don't wanna miss these opportunities which comes in year and i can learn so much from these.
- Thus, when I came to know about BAIMUN, I was immediately interested. I know that a few days with the delegates there will certainly make me a better human being, and help me chart out my path better. I truly believe that when all of us gather there, the stage will be set for delivering a better world to our future generations. I therefore look forward to attending BAIMUN, and I sincerely hope that my candidature would be accepted and appreciated.
Help me and this world by contributing and being a part of the change :)