Problem Statement:Food is the fundamental right of every human being. Unfortunately, about 19 crore people in India sleep hungry every day.
Malnutrition is a severe problem in India, and even though the government is trying to overcome the problem, the numbers are alarming.
Child malnutrition is another challenge India is facing. Breastfeeding and a healthy diet in early life are strongly correlated with improved health outcomes, which carry into later life.
The bane of child and maternal malnutrition is responsible for 15% of India’s total disease burden.
- About 19 crore people in India sleep hungry every day
- An estimated 23.6% of the population of India live below a purchasing power of Rs.100 a day
- Malnutrition is responsible for 15% of India’s total disease burden
Proposed SolutionHunger cannot be eliminated in a day, month, or year. We will have to work constantly to reduce it little by little every day.
We have designed a model that can deliver nutritious food to needy areas of the city.
We will expand this model once it is perfected so we can cover the maximum area and fight hunger in all corners of each city.
How it works
- The food will be prepared in a centralized kitchen.
- Food will be transferred to food trucks specially designed to keep the food hot and fresh.
- The food will be served at assigned locations.
- To avoid wastage & the habit of free food, a nominal cost will be charged.
Only feeding them is not enough, making them healthy so they can work harder and stand up on their feet is our main goal.
We focus mainly on hygiene and quality
of the food.
Our Proposed Menu Includes:
• Dalcha Rice
• Rajma Rice
• Vegetable Pulav
Project Cost BreakoutFixed one time expenses:
- Kitchen Setup – 1,25,000
- Food Truck – 3,75,000
- Total Initial Investment Required – 5,00,000
- Kitchen Rent – 10,000
- Kitchen Helper Salary – 8000
- Truck Driver & Helper salary – 27000
- Food Truck RTO & Maintenance – 5000
- Operational Expenses – 15000
- Other - 15000
- Groceries & cutlery – 120000
Total Working Capital Required (4 Months) – 8,00,000
Food Truck & Kitchen = INR 5,00,000
Working Capital for Raw Material & Other = INR 8,00,000