The kitchen operates from Hotel Pallavi, NIGOS, Goregaon East - running successfully since 5 months without a single day off.
WATER BOWL TRAIL
We have installed 32 earthy water bowls along our food trail. These bowls are cleaned and refilled every alternate day, alongside our morning routine of providing basic medical treatment.
Bombay monsoons have a tough reputation, but strangely one can even feel the winter chill. So specially during these seasons, we build makeshift shelters for our vulnerable strays.
STRAY BY ME
Drop by at @straybyme on Instagram to see how we care for the food, health and shelter of our stray friends.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL HELP US
1) To continue running our Dog Food Kitchen - to continue feeding vulnerable dogs and cats (old, wounded, pregnant, postpartum mothers)
2) Investment to set up another Dog Food Kitchen facility in Andheri - to sell cooked meals at a minimal cost of Rs. 9 per dog.
1) Stray Dogs and Cats - Almost 80/90 dogs and 35/40 cats savor one respectful, wholesome, tasty, healthy meal a day.
2) Hotel - When business was shut due to Covid-19, we felt happy to be able to provide a running monthly income to Hotel Pallavi, Nigos Building, Goregaon East, Mumbai.
3) Cook - We were happy to be able to pay a small stipend to our stray food cook, Vilas.
4) Feeder - We have been able to train and provide a running income to our feeder Ganesh, aged ~55. Like many, the lockdown hit him hard, but worse, he had recently lost all his identification documents - getting any work was almost impossible.
5) Suppliers - Chicken & Cat Food Supply Shops - As loyal customers, we have been able to provide a steady business to A1 Chicken (Jogeswari West) Shop, and Surya Medical (Goregaon East).
1) Even after including the cooking cost, our Dog Food Kitchen is much more economical than feeding Dog Food (Kibble) - A 10kg, cheapest Dog Food brand feeds maximum 50 dogs. For almost HALF THAT PRICE our Dog Food Kitchen feeds 80/90 dogs.
2) 12kg rice (Rs.240) + 10kg Curry Piece (Rs.400) + Cooking Cost (Rs.200) = 240+400+200 = Rs.840 (one day) = 840 X 30 = Rs.25200 per month = Almost 100 Dogs Get One Wholesome Meal Daily
3) Investment for New Facility = Rs. 30000