Hi. The flood situation in Assam is bad. Though the government and NGOs are trying to tackle the situation as efficiently as possible, yet there is a lot that needs to be done. This fund raiser is an attempt to do whatever possible to help these people in need.
The collected amount will be used to provide food and other necessaries to the people and animals of the affected area.
A few sad news about the flood situation( courtesy news/tv/social media)
- Nearly 43 lakh people across 30 of the state's 33 districts have been affected by the floods so far. Barpeta was the worst-hit district, with as many as 7.35 lakh people facing the brunt of the monsoon fury, followed by Goalpara, Morigaon, Nagaon and Hailakandi.
- The rising water level of the Brahmaputra river is threatening to submerge parts of the state capital, Guwahati, through which it flows. The ten other rivers in the state also swelled up dangerously as the rains continued.
- As many as 83,000 people evacuated from flooded areas have been accommodated in 183 relief camps across the state. Road connectivity to Upper Assam has been cut off. Ferry services were called off earlier due to water strong currents.
- Forest officials said that 95 per cent of the Kaziranga National Park -- home to the endangered one-horned rhino -- has been flooded with the death of 17 wild animals in the past two days. Animals could be seen emerging out of the park to escape drowning.
- Agricultural activities in the state have also been hit, with nearly 90,000 hectares of agricultural land getting flooded. Many such fields had standing crops on them
ABOUT ME -
My name is Anupam Purkayastha. Working with sound and music therapy with underprivileged children and adults across India since the last five years.
Here is a short video of my work.
Thank you and looking forward to your love and support.