My world has changed completely in the last month - What started as a mild fever for Ankur progressed into him testing Covid-19 positive and now fighting for his life on ECMO. I not only have to take care of my 2-year-old son, but also keep convincing myself and our combined set of parents that things will only get better from here.
But the nightmare that is our life today started on April 26th.
- April 26 - Mild fever
- April 27 - Cough, fever; RT PCR test sample given
- April 28 - COVID +ve status confirmed
- May 5 - Hospitalised (in Jalandhar), SPO2 levels below 90
- Until May 9 - Continuously low saturation, Remdesivir administered
- May 10 - Respiratory condition deteriorated, CT score 21/25, prescribed Tocilizumab
- Until May 13 - Some positive signs of recovery
- May 16 - Reported COVID (-) ve
- Until May 18 - Decreasing saturation levels, heavy damage to lungs diagnosed
- May 19 - Shifted onto a ventilator support in ICU
- May 20 - ECMO recommended, tested COVID (+)ve again
- May 21 - Unstable vitals, condition very critical
- May 22 - Shifted to a hospital in Ludhiana on ECMO support
- May 23 -28 - Condition critical, suggested lung transplant after multiple reports, diagnosis
- May 29 - Recommended shifting to Hyderabad (Yashoda) for further treatment
Suddenly, all our years of planning and resources have been washed away. Given Ankur's condition right now, every day, every minute and every breath is a fight. The next two months especially are very critical for Ankur. They’ll decide if our family will be the same again, if Manan will ever be able to see his father back again.
Here is a brief estimate of the expenses(in INR) going ahead.
- Air Ambulance - 25 Lacs
- ECMO setup cost -10 Lacs
- Treatment during the waiting period before lung transplant (60 days x 2L/day) - 120 Lacs
- Lung Transplant - 60 Lacs
- Post transplant hospitalisation (25 days x 1.5L) - 37.5 Lacs
- TOTAL - INR 2.575 cr.
Every drop counts, and our families and friends will always be grateful for your support. .
We are so truly grateful for the emotional support received so far, and we hope that you can help us here too. Please help bring the 34 year-old loving father, doting son, and perfect husband back home.
Ankur is still fighting. Please help us support him in this fight for his life.