Help Anjali raise funds for higher education | Milaap
Help Anjali raise funds for higher education
20%
Raised
Rs.81,554
of Rs.4,00,000
32 supporters
  • AT

    Created by

    ANJALI TIWARI
  • A

    This fundraiser will benefit

    ANJALI

    from Pune, Maharashtra

Story

My name is Anjali Gulab Tiwari. I am a Teach For India Student Alumna and a part-time football coach with Enabling Leadership. I am currently studying in the 12th grade at Rewachand Bhojwani Academy, Pune. Through this fundraiser, I seek to raise funds for my higher education. I have received multiple offers from various colleges in India and abroad.
 I belong to a small village in Benaras, Uttar Pradesh. My father is an autorickshaw driver, and my mother, a vegetable vendor; neither of whom had the opportunity to attend high school, yet my father is the first man in the village to send his children to college. For the past 15 years, I have worked hard despite discrimination and multiple challenges. I have participated in 12 MUNs at the school and district levels. I was also the co-chair and chair of MUN events and eventually started a MUN club in my school. I am a part of the Kids Education Revolution by Teach For India, a platform for student leaders to advocate for the "student voice" to be part of decision-making in education. I have also represented Teach For India and Enabling Leadership on national and international platforms. I have led multiple projects to promote gender equality in sports, the Right To Education, and mental health.

I recently got selected by Azim Premji University to study B.A.Philosophy on a 75 % scholarship. But I still need to pay the remaining 25%, which amounts to Rs  2,22,750 along with Rs. 75,000 for food per year. Overall this comes up to 4 lakhs for three years.




I have always dreamt of going to a university where I can be myself. APU (Azim Premji University) is one of those places.
I am seeking your support to help me by donating as much as possible and spreading the word. Your support will help me achieve my dreams. Thank you so much.

Read More

support