Hello Generous Donors,
I, Rishabh Sharma (Student of The Shri Ram School Aravali, Gurugram and Founder – One Step Forward) initiative would like to introduce you to a very noble and innovative cause run and managed by The Aravindam India Gurukul, NGO based in Gurugram, Haryana. One Step Forward has shortlisted this new initiative based on the objective of the NGO.
The Aravindam, an NGO, has worked out a very innovative skill development educational program which enbibed culturally rich and heritage art forms in the students and made them employable ready. The Aravindam, formed in 2011, has developed an educational program in which they provide extra academic classes & informal education and, enhance the student's skills and make them employable ready. These skills help children learn life skills, which allows them to become self-employable and earn their livelihoods right after getting knowledge. They train and educate children in Indian heritage skills like Kathak, Bharatnatyam, Vocal Singing, Maratha Dhol & Kalaripayattu to underprivileged children in the Slums of Gurugram. The skills they teach are timeless art-making overall development of the child after their formal school education. These life skills help them become self-employable and allows them to earn later in their life. There are various aspects in which these students can excel post learning the skills.
1. Become masters in the heritage art forms and then self-becoming teachers in those art forms.
2. Perform as professional artists in these art forms in domestic and International Stage performances.
Training the students in cultural art forms and preparing them to become self-employable. This initiative is in addition to the formal education provided by the NGO. The motive is to train 200 children to perfect these Indian heritage art forms, so they always have alternate or full-time employment ready. Gaining knowledge of these forms also ensures that students will or may never have to depend upon an employer to earn their livelihood. Today’s efforts will help these children show compassion towards these skills will help India achieve the ambitious target set under the new national education policy and help shape India’s future by imparting education related to culturally diverse disciplines of life.
To raise funds for creating infrastructure such as procuring the required items to enhance the students skills, make them into commercial artists and bring them the experience they would ever need to grow up into Professional Artists. The funds shall be used to acquire:
- The clothing is necessary for professional performance.
- To fund the sourcing of experienced teachers in these art forms.
- To fund the props and other musical gears for the performance.
- To fund the musically enhanced public performance to be conducted by the students in the coming months.
- For the next step forward for these children, we need to prepare them with a verifiable production of a performing arts musical dance drama that will take them to the national/global stage, demonstrate their talent, build capability and confidence, and be recognized. This needs funds for trainers, copyright music production, and costumes/props. The Aravindam NGO aim to be ready for the coming festive season with Shree Ram Nritya Katha, which will be performed by the students.
I request all the generous donors to help us in raising funds of Rs. 2,00,000 Lac. The funds shall be used to enhance the skills of these 200 students so that they can publicly demonstrate their skills in these unique art forms to the audience.
Your support will help these children dream and achieve significantly, pull them out of poverty, rather than languish in a life of unskilled labour.
We are looking forward to your generous support.