My husband - Shri Sajanitosh Chatterjee (aged 65 years now), who is a retired employee of National Insurance Company Limited, was diagnosed with CHRONIC LYMPHOCYTIC LEUKAMIA (blood cancer) in 2011 and completed 4 cycles of chemotherapy & medication successfully.
The Medical Cover and the funds available with us were severely depleted.
CHRONOLOGY OF EVENTS DURING FIRST RELAPSE IN 2016:
- Pathological reports showed continued deterioration since October 2015.
- He was admitted in Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata in April 2016, where he was treated for pneumonia, sepsis along with blood cancer.
- Later, he was shifted to Apex Hospital (near Patuli- Big Bazar) due to paucity of funds.
- AS PER DIAGNOSIS REPORT OF TATA MEDICAL CENTER, FURTHER TREATMENT IS BOTH FEASIBLE AND URGENTLY NEEDED.
- In continuing his treatment for first relapse, we have exhausted all his retirals as well as Medical Cover of Rs. 20 Lakhs.
- Oral medication itself costs around Rs. 1.60 Lakhs approximately every month.
May God never make anyone feel so helpless. Your financial support is urgently required to help my retired husband survive this relapse of blood cancer. He has been bravely battling with this disease for the past five years, till date. Your support will help his indomitable fighting spirit to win this battle and help me to brave the financial odds in this process.