“Run with Roshni” is a vision, a dream. Roshni is not an individual.
Roshni means the possibility of Empowerment and Enlightenment. Run with Empowerment and Enlightenment and with your brightest dreams whatever you do in life. Whatever you dare for.. Integrated and motivated.. Firm and strong! ''
Following are the details of the marathons participated by team ‘Run with Roshni’.
- Mumbai Marathon in January 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Hyderabad marathon in August 2013 and 2014.
- Chennai Marathon in December 2013.
- Tiranga Relay 2015- Five runners ran with India’s flag from Mumbai to Delhi in 20 days.
- Cherrapunji Marathon (Meghalaya) in July 2015 and 2016.
- Bangalore Half Marathon 2015 in October 2015
- Daman Half Marathon 2015 in December 2015
- Running and living Sikkim Marathon 2016
- Sorah Cherapunji Marathon 2015 and 2016.
- Satara Hill Half Marathon 2016
- Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2016 and 2017.
- IDBI Life Insurance Kolkata marathon 2017 and 2018.
- IDBI Life Insurance New Delhi Marathon on 26th February 2017
What's the vision:
• To empower and enlighten Gorkhas in India.
• To eliminate the identity crisis faced by Nepali speaking Indian in their own motherland.
• Bringing awareness among Indians, how the Nepali speaking people are Indians.
• To bring awareness all over India that Nepali is a recognized language under the Constitution of India and it is one of the languages mentioned in the Indian currency..
What's the mission:
• To support strong runners from economically backward class in Darjeeling to run national and international marathons.
• To make India proud by winning International and Olympic Marathons by the runners from Darjeeling.
• To let the world know, who the Gorkhas are by getting media mentions through running and winning marathons.
Ups and downs is a part of life but through Roshni’s story, we can inspire youngsters not get stopped by breakdowns in life. Roshni has set up an example by never giving up no matter how hard the struggle was for her.
How will the funds be used?
Three boys and three girls selected from Kalimpong Half Marathon 2018 will be fully sponsored to run Mumbai Half Marathon in January 2019. The funds will be utilized for the following;
1. to do their registration,
2.to buy their travel ticket, '
3. to arrange accommodation in Mumbai,
4. provide healthy food to the runners, when they are training and
5. to buy a pair of running shoes to each of them.
Though her campaign is a success all over India, most of us are not aware of the struggle Roshni had gone through. It is our effort to tell her stories behind the campaign. In lieu of all these evidences I find her a perfect subject to be documented for the welfare of our students from the hills of Darjeeling.
On portraying her stories as a documentary I can assure you that our students will be well prepared to cross the various stages of life without giving up the vision to follow their dreams. Furthermore, our young generations will be motivated and most importantly they will learn how to handle/overcome the hard times that everyone is likely to face in upcoming years, and stand on their own overcoming the battles which have just started. The person that one becomes after their successful and tough approach which in fact shall prepare them to make better judgment not only for their personal choices but also for the society and the environment they live in shall be of the utmost influence of a human character.
Alas, I decided to play a little role in this fight for identity by portraying Roshni’s stories to the world.
“You don’t need to resist or luxuriate in the path of defiance every time to seek change; change is certain, if only you put your well being into considerations and work through it… it shall matter."