Info about Under The Stars
Under The Stars is a one of a kind fundraising event in India inviting 2,000 individuals to sleep out without shelter for one night. Participants register for a pass by making a donation of Rs. 900 ( students – Rs 700) to our partner NGOs. The event will mark the beginning of the Daan Utsav festival (earlier called Joy of Giving Week).
Happening for the third time this year, Under The Stars has been growing and bridging the gap between the privileged and the underprivileged. The last two editions have successfully benefited over 20 NGOs and raised around 18lakh in funds with the support of nearly 1500 participants. The event is to take place at the Indiranagar club on the night of October 2nd.
All donations and registration amount goes to our partner NGOs who work in the field of homeless and destitute. The various NGOs we support are Baale Mane home for girls, Adarane charitable trust, Rainbow Homes for children and Home of Hope.
What will happen on the night?
- Sleep out for one night in a safe, secure, happy and fun environment.
- Hear stories of hope from people who have faced poverty
- NGO dance and music performances
- External band performances
- Night treausre hunt
- #YouthSpeak Activism wall
- Food and Chai stalls to keep the hunger pangs at bay
- Dance class/ Dance therapy
- Cards and Board games for a fun night with family and friends
This fund-raising campaign at Milaap is another step to help raise more funds for the partner NGOs that work to eradicate homelessness and destitution.