The Cyclone Fani which battered the East Coast of India from 2nd to 4th May 2019 caused heavy damage to Puri’s Govardhan Math, especially the Gaushala. The city of Puri, where the Math is located has a sea front and was one of the worst hit. The Math is less than a kilometer from the Puri Beach and was right in the path of the cyclone. The cyclone caused extensive damage to the buildings.
Goal of this Campaign
The goal of this campaign is to revive the damaged buildings and restore them to back functioning order. Though normalcy is yet to return, we estimate that a sum of INR 50 lakhs will be required to repair and restore the following buildings/facilities. Money collected will be transferred to the Poorvamnaya Jagadguru Shankaracharya Dharmik Avm Punyartha Nyas.
Estimate of Works:
The Gaushala (Cow Shed) itself has a big area and there are three sheds covering 15,000 sq ft.
1. Three Cow Shelters of 15,000 square feet. Estimated cost INR 30 lakh to be spent on the listed works:
- Broken & displaced ceiling, broken walls, doors etc
- Loss of fodder stock
- Cement Water Tanks
- Electrical and water works
- Malwa clearing
- Trees clearing
- Work on the Building including electricity, water and civic work 7 lakhs
- JCB leveling of ground: 500 hrs x 900 per hour= 4.5 lakh
- Fodder stock loss: 4 lakhs worth was in stock which is lost
- Cement Water Tanks: 3 lakhs
- Electrical and water work, fittings etc. 1.5 lakhs
My name is Ashutosh Joshi and I am based in Delhi-NCR working as Manager Finance for a large MNC. Inspired by the dynamic leadership of our Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, my fellow sisters and brothers at @HiPAC1 have decided to do our bit by helping our Nation’s grass root heroes. We have raised upwards of INR 90 lakh for our grass root heroes in our campaigns.