For any queries, please email: email@example.com
The hundreds of children who have lost their primary caretakers to COVID 19, those with COVID positive parents unable to look after them, and those living in orphanages and childcare centres, are in need of immediate care. Extended family, even when able and willing to help, are prevented from stepping in to take care of the children affected as a result of the nature of the pandemic.
The goal of this fundraiser is to provide a safe home for children affected, and separately for those infected by COVID 19. The need to raise funds is immediate and urgent, over the past few days fifteen children have found shelter under the care and protection of these homes. Requests for accommodating several children have since been received.
Your contribution will help support these structures keeping the children safe and healthy, till they can be reunited with family or find permanent homes -
- Quarantine Centre1: upto 32 children for ages 6 - 11 for boys and girls
- Quarantine Centre 2: upto 40 children for ages 11-18 for girls
- Quarantine Centre 3: upto 40 children for ages 11-18 for boys
- Covid Care Centre: upto 60 children for ages 6-18 for boys and girls
Funding Requirements for CHILD CCC (current capacity 50 children at any time for four months. Will cater to 400 children over a period of four months):
- Cost per Quarantine Centre is approximately Rs. 25 lakhs to set up and operate for 4 months (total Rs. 75 lakhs)
- Cost for Children’s Covid Care Centre for infected children is approximately Rs. 85 lakhs to Rs. 1 crore to set up and operate for 4 months.
All four facilities have been given the Fit Facility certificate under sec.51(1) of Juvenile Justice Care and Protection Act, 2015 from the Child Welfare Committee- Bengaluru, Urban.
Partners and their roles:
- Dream India Network (DIN) - DreamIndiaNetwork.net - DIN set up quarantine centres supported by Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives till September 2020. Re-starting because of the need in the second phase
- Will set up, staff and run the centres in charge of all permissions and approvals for all the centres.
- Motherhood Hospitals - motherhoodindia.com
- Will provide remote medical guidance, advice on the protocols to be followed at the centre, and train the on-site clinical staff.
- Rainbow Children's Hospitals - RainbowHospitals.in
- Point of contact if any of the children need advanced care in a hospital setting.
- Aahan Vaahan: A group of an alumnus of NLSIU, Bangalore who successfully helped close to 2000 migrant workers and family members get back home during the first wave, chartering 10 flights within a month.
- Aahan Vaahan will be raising funds for Whitefield Rising and DIN.
- Whitefield Rising - whitefieldrising.org - actively looking to help COVID patients with bed access, oxygen access and any and all kinds of support such as helping set up a dedicated COVID care centre for Bangalore City Police in Kadugodi
- Assist in raising funds and provide support to DIN as required.