Living in cities, you may not have the time and space to grow trees. Despite the hectic lifestyle you’re caught in, Project GreenHands makes it possible for you to create your own green patch with just a click away.
If you are a greenie at heart, you can plant trees online and support Isha’s agro-forestry initiative.
Project GreenHands will
1. Let you know the exact location of where your trees are planted (GPS coordinates)
3. Follow-up with the farmer for 2 years until the trees become self -sustainable
All it takes is Rs.100/$1.5 per tree. (Including post planting care and re-plantation for 2 years till your trees become self sustainable). You will receive your tree certificate & farmer details in April 2019
Key Milestones of Isha Project GreenHands (PGH)
1. PGH is the recipient of India’s highest environmental award – Indira Gandhi Pariyavaran
2. PGH has been awarded Tamil Nadu Government’s State Environmental Award
3. PGH created a Guinness record for having planted maximum number of saplings (852,587 saplings)in 6,284 location across 27 districts with people participation
4. Annually, 3.5 million saplings of 60 different varieties are grown in 35 nurseries and planted by people thus increasing green cover.
5. To date, PGH has involved more than 2 million volunteers and enabled planting of 33 million saplings since its inception in 2004