Monkeys in India may soon become an endangered species as deforestation; large housing projects take over their natural habitats - the trees. Because they ask for their share of food and shelter from humans, they are branded as a menace. People loathe them and kill them, authorities are initiating drives for their mass-culling and sterilization, they are run down by rampant traffic, electrocuted by wires and poles, and at times, they just give in to lack of food or severe climate.
Is this fair?
'Help a Monkey' initiative was born as a result of putting an end to this torture. To save this dying race from meeting their sad deathly fates, we have started a feeding drive in the cities of Delhi, Vrindavan,Himachal Pradesh ,Hyderabad, Tirupati and Mysore from 2014 .
Dhyan Foundation treating many injured and electrocuted monkeys at it's Gurgaon's animal shelter.
Dhyan Foundation feeding more than 1500 monkeys daily in various cities -
- Jhaku Temple,Himachal Pradesh – 200
- Delhi Asola- 300
- Delhi Faridabad Road -300
- Delhi Ridge Road – 100
- Vrindavan Tattiyan Sthan – 500
- Ghaziabad- 25
- Telangana – 110
- Andhra Pradesh Tirupati – 25
- Karnataka,foot of chamunda hills Mysore - 50
- Buy Maruti Eeco Van for more monkeys feeding in Delhi (On Road Price apprx -4.5 lakhs)
- Set up and maintain feeding spots for monkeys away from the roads
- Increase forest cover. Plant/sponsor fruit bearing trees for these and other forest dwellers
- Sponsor their feed, to be placed in the heart of jungles by forest officers - so that they need not come out in the open
- Conserve, recycle, reuse natural resources
Electrocuted monkey being treated at DF's Gurgaon Animal Shelter
Electrocuted badly injured baby monkey recovering at Animal Shelter Gurgaon -
Please support Dhyan Foundation preserving and protecting monkeys..
**Dhyan Foundation is registered under Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA)