Makkala Jagriti which means “Awakening of Children” is a non-governmental organization that seeks to create a holistic learning environment for emotionally and economically deprived children.
- Children from marginalized backgrounds have limited opportunities to explore, experiment and empower themselves
- Primarily role based learning which is limited to only text book
- School dropouts find even fewer forums for learning
- It runs learning centers in underprivileged slum communities
- It partners with Government Schools by integrating holistic learning for school children
- It also runs centers in Government Shelter Homes which houses street and orphaned children.
Areas of support
Setting up and running the Learning Centers inside the Government school
a. Language Development
b. Socio-Emotional Development (Life Skills)
c. Creative Skills Development
d. Physical Development
Rs. 8,00,000/- per center per year.