During our interactions with children we found that while a majority of them were going to school, that is Govt. school, the quality of education they were getting was quite poor. What was especially noticeable was that none of them had any books apart from the SCERT (State Council of Education Research &Training, Bihar) books. Even these books are provided to them 3 to 4 months late. We did not find the SCERT books satisfactory. But due to weak economic status these children cannot afford standard reference books.
1. Two almirahs for books (Almirahs should have shelves with glass doors that can be locked).
2. Two tables and chairs/benches for seating at least 10-12 children.
3. A computer with internet connection.
4. NCERT books on all subjects from classes 6 to 12.
5. Standard reference books, practice papers and question banks on Maths, Science and English from classes 6 to 12, e.g. Maths by R.S. Agarwal and R.D. Sharma etc.
6. Books on Maths, English, G.K. and Reasoning for competitive exams and practice sets.
7. Books on English and Hindi literature for general reading.
8. All such books which help in character formation and raising the general moral, psychological and intellectual standards of the children.
9. Donors for bearing monthly expenses on the subscription of English and Hindi newspapers, at least one each.
10. Anything else that might help us run the library.
Anyone and everyone who can contribute even a small part of the above requirements are most welcome to do so. All contributions will be gratefully acknowledged. Whatever we do to uplift these children eventually helps our society and country. For all our efforts our reward is with God.