Problem is, they don't know if they can get to the venue!
This is the Tamilnadu team, vying for the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship, to be held in Mohali from June 24-29. Problem is, they don't have the funds to get there.
As the world is going ahead with amazing new technologies, equipment, and support, this is an association that is languishing for funds.
Long story short, I’m trying to see if we can put a sum together to give them.
They need the following:
- Tickets to Mohali and back for 20 players (men, women, volunteers, and helpers): 3.1 lakhs
- Wheelchair transport: Rs. 1 lakh
- Track suits: 50,000
- Why should we support this, when kids are struggling for basic education?
- Who are these players?
- Shouldn’t the government sponsor them? All of them in govt are corrupt.
3. What if the money is not used properly?
A. Seriously, there is no money in the association! The rates given are at actuals, and CTS has been supporting the logistics, along with another NGO. Funds are what are needed and quite simply, just to get the players, their helpers, and their wheelchairs to Mohali and back.
4. Do we get tax exemption?
A. I’m afraid you don’t. It’s just a personal donation. That’s part of the reason they’re struggling to get funds from corporates also.