- Books/Library/Newspapers – It is disheartening to see that in an institution of learning there are no books to support learning beyond the state prescribed books. My kids are really eager to learn and understand the value of reading and are introduced to the works of Roald Dahl, Khaled Hosseini, and Rabindranath Tagore & Books like The Hunger Game series, Harry Potter, Malgudi Days, etc.
- Field Trip/Outdoor Learning/Excursions - Field trips give us the opportunity to teach them something, connect with them better, or simply incentivize them. We’d like to take them out at least once every quarter for an educative field trip like the Science Centre, Planetariums, Museums, College Campuses, places of historical interests etc. Major Costs: Transportation, Tickets (if any), Food
- Sports – Our kids stood second at ‘RIGHT PITCH’ a pan-TFI Cricket Match without any professional training or reasonable equipment to train with. This year we intend to change that as our kids eye for the Gold. Encourage kids to participate in the National Junior Chess Tournament
- Science Lab - Our school doesn’t have a functional science lab (the room that is called so is used as a store room). This means the kids are forced to memorize science concepts that seem abstract. There is no application of scientific knowledge and no access to experimental learning. Being ardent Science lovers ourselves this is just unacceptable for us. I would like to set up the Science lab by equipping it with some basic kits to start with.
- Improve basic Infrastructure at School – Apart from a disturbed power supply in classrooms, the school lacks clean toilets, safe drinking water and has not been repaired, painted or fixed since the last 3-4 years. The absence of a cheerful learning atmosphere brings down the learning enthusiasm in kids not just from my class but the school as a whole.
- Resources for Olympiad/Scholarship/KVPY etc – Our kids study enthusiastically to compete with kids from all schools. They have been a part of TFI MUN and other debate and quiz competitions across the city. We often face a dearth of resources to buy them books/print worksheets/travel and organize a space for conducting extra classes. Your contribution will help our kids develop a competitive extra-curricular spirit.
- Providing Inclusive Education for kids with special needs – It is disheartening to see a few kids in the class who need and deserve special education and resources for basic literacy training or vocational courses, get left behind. We aim to bridge the gap and enroll our kids with special Counsellors and resources/materials for their learning
HOW TO REACH US?
You can reach out to us and also visit the classrooms if you'd like. We shall keep updating our donors about the kids and the progress we make in our classroom.
Ruchi Jain - +91-9819257753
Harsh Singh- +91-9821067655
Address - Gumpha Road MPS, Jogeshwari Gufa Road,
Jogeshwari (E), Mumbai-400060.
WE ARE REALLY HOPEFUL YOU SHALL CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS THIS CAUSE AND SUPPORT 90 KIDS AT GUMPHA ROAD MUNICIPAL PUBLIC SCHOOL :)