Why am I fundraising?
The biggest dream of any athlete is to represent their country at the highest level. We believe that all athletes, irrespective of their physical attributes, deserve equal opportunities to train and compete. Through this Programme, we shall endeavour to support our para-athletes and provide them with specialised training so that they can represent India at next year's Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
What do I plan to do with the funds?
The funds will be utilised towards providing the para-athletes with the following, in order to support their training for the Paralympic Games 2016:
- High-performance training access
- Nutritional supplements
- Travel and tournament expenses (international)
- Physiotherapy and sports massage
- Injury management and rehabilitation
How are the athletes identified for support?
- Our rigorous application process comprises application forms being circulated to federations across India as well as our research to identify high-performing athletes deserving of support. Each application we receive is evaluated thoroughly by a sport-specific expert, following which the shortlisted athletes are interviewed individually. This interview is to determine which athletes would benefit the most from the interventions we can provide.
At what level are the athletes competing?
- These are athletes already competing at the international level, and will be competing at various qualifying events for Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.
Why should I support these athletes?
- By supporting GoSports Foundation para-athletes, you are helping differently-abled athletes perform to their potential on a global stage. Their achievements would lead to a ripple effect, which would lead them to becoming role models and inspiring others to take up sport and strive for excellence.