I am Anuradha, a Teach For India
2017-2019 Fellow working in Corporation School
, KP Agrahara on Magadi Road. I am working three other fellows - Anu, Gurudutt and Shashidhar to bring quality education to 2 Grade 4 and 2 Grade 5 classrooms in the school.
To give you some context, we are working within the education system to bring systemic and operational changes that directly impact the quality of education the kids in the school receive by creating a safe and conducive environment for learning and growth. Although we have a supportive school team that appreciates the work we do, we often fall short in our efforts due to lack of funds.
Our students come from the neighbouring areas. The parents are daily wage workers, most of who are highly invested in their kids’ education and some of whom we are working with so the kids do not suffer the destiny attached to their birth. The students we work with have learning gaps that are wider than what most credible surveys point out and given their reality, the amount of teaching resources we need to give them quality education is huge.
We, Shashidhar, Gurudutt and I, need your support to raise funds so we can translate our vision of what excellent education looks like into tangible reality for the kids at Government Kannada and English Medium Primary School (GKEMPS). The funds that we collect will be used for 4 classrooms over the course of this academic year on
- Reading resources (Decodable texts to improve levels of reading fluency and comprehension – an attempt at making the kids independent learners for life)
- Writing materials (workbooks, worksheets and other printed material)
- Teaching aids (colourful charts, reading cards, etc.)
- Stationery (for Fellows and Students)
- Furniture (For classrooms)
- We are also looking at partnering with other institutions and organizations to give our children support in areas of sports coaching, educational field trips, community service opportunities for value education, workshops, etc.
What we can offer in return is complete transparency in how the funds are being utilized and visit to our classrooms to see how your contributions are helping the kids.
If you are comfortable donating in kind instead of monetary contributions, please feel free to reach out to us and we will be happy to give you the list of items we need funds for and take it forward. We can be reached at:
Anu Goel- email@example.com
Gurudutt - firstname.lastname@example.org
Shashidhar - email@example.com
Anuradha - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for helping us make a difference!