Since we started in November 2016, we've constantly hosted participants and worked one step at a time toward our goal of self-sustainable living. We've received the unconditional love and support of super generous souls and that support has enabled us to carry on with our work. Here we share some pictures from the land that will give you an idea of how it looks now, after 6 months of work. We’ve already started bringing back a lot of rainwater to the ground and restore the green cover. In addition, we’ve planted numerous trees and have established a vegetable garden. We finished construction of a tool room, which for now doubles up as a shelter. In the coming months, we would continue working on the conservation work and funds permitting, excavate a bore well to enable us to have permanent supply of water. Our catchment ponds and water conservation structures would continue recharging the local aquifer. We are also on our way to be power efficient with the installation of our first solar panel that’ll be used to light the farm and will also enable us to charge phones and laptops when required. To continue supporting us, please consider making a financial contribution and visiting us on the farm! We hope you enjoy the pictures and we would love to hear from you!!
2. A view from the top of the land, another catchment pond filling up with rain water
3. A small vegetable garden we created
4. More camping spaces coming up!
5. Many hands make light work!
6. Cabbage, okhra, spinach - from our very own vegetable garden!
7. Back when we had started working on the tool room roof. Now it doubles up as a shelter!