Why am I fundraising?
I teach a class of 50 brilliant and inquisitive sixth graders at Kottur High School run by the Corporation of Chennai. On the verge of their teens, they are beginning to explore, challenge and find their place in the world. The only thing that defeats them - resources. Most of them come from economically disadvantaged communities and are often unable to access resources needed to enrich their learning.
As the children have little access to books and technology outside of school, there is a telling need for the classroom to be well-equipped. The funds would go towards providing resources and opportunities that would enrich the classroom and put the children on a different life path.1. Classroom Supplies
2. Field Trips
3. Books and CDs for reference
4. Science and activity kits
The intended outcomes are
1. Activity-based and hands-on learning for deeper understanding.
2. Opportunity to discover their passions and develop skills that would help them realize their dreams.
3. Explore knowledge beyond their curriculum.